Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from NJ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Large_911, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Large_911

Large_911

I have been creeping around here for a while, and finally decided to make an intro. I don't get onto forums all that much (due to lack of time!), but there is a hell of a lot of good info on this forum and have been trying to check it out more and more lately. I live in south Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia, with my wife and daughter. I have basically been wrenching since about 5 years olds and I am really into nostaligia drag racing, specifically the gassers & A/FX cars of the of the 1960's, but appreciate anything old. I currently work as a process/ceramics engineer at a start-up company in NJ that deals w/ Energy Harvesting (alternative energy). Lastly, I am looking to network w/ other people in my area. Current project: 1957 Olds 88

Thanks,
    Chris

2. welcome chris theres lots of good folks in your area..

3. Glad to have you aboard.
    Check out the Deadbeaters show on the 21st. in Glouster City. They're a very active trad club, and always up to no good.
    Frank

4. Large_911

Large_911

Thanks guys. I am surprised how many people on here are from my area. Unfortunately, I will be away on the 21st...taking the family to PA Dutch Country, but thanks.

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

NJ sucks! Put some pics of that Olds up! Oh, and welcome! Im in Union county now, but relocating to Monmouth county shortly as soon as we close on this piece of crap house near the beach.

6. Large_911

Large_911

It sure does!...haha. I'll have to get some pics of the Olds. Not much to see, as it is all torn apart. I am in the middle of taking care of a bunch of rust - currently doing inner & outer rockers, then the floors. I am in Burlington County by the way (Exit 4!).

7. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

Welcome aboard.