Register now to get rid of these ads!

History New guy from Missouri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roys40, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Roys40

Roys40

Thanks bchrismer I have it removed now the fluid is very gelled up. Is that during to the silicone fluid? Never seen this be fore. The shop is warming up to 70 degrees now I'm hoping this may help get it back to a fluid so I can flush it. I'm still trying to get the search function on this site to work better for me. Having better luck searching with Google at the moment. Trying to find threads on the brakes and suspension now since I'm going to be putting it in the air may as well do some of that stuff as well.i will take pictures of the brake fluid and master cylinder when I get back out there.im still putting my kids new Christmas toys/furniture together they got lol.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php?threads/1089728/

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Roys40

Roys40

Well what a really bad year it’s been. After my last post my wife cam home from her mothers house with no kids and walked in the shop and sat down. I asked her if we were having a date night and she said no I’m moving out lol. Needless to say I was completely confused and still am . Everything went on the back burners while I tried to figure out what was going on then I found out I was 2 months behind on all of my bills including my mortgage (but excluding her car payments ) imagine that I hadn’t even opened the shop in 6 months and since I was doing Christmas alone I figured I’d start the 40 and go for a drive.however I am now in need of a wiring harness. Mice had been chewing on the wiring and it fried my generator and quite a bit of the wiring. So any recommendations on where to get a nos harness for a decent price would be greatly appreciated thanks!

I don’t know everything but I sure want to learn everything

chryslerfan55 and nochop like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Get your priorities straight. Get the car (immediately) and all YOUR possessions in another name and out of sight...tools, guns, underwear,,...EVERYTHING...been there, done that and raised my 3 girls after it.

Okay..back to where you were at.

chryslerfan55, raven and nochop like this.
  4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Get yourself a GOOD lawyer and follow his advice!

raven and nochop like this.
  5. Roys40

Roys40

Already done the lawyer and spent damn near all my savings fighting to keep the house and then fighting for 50/50 custody when she lost that. First thing I did before anything was filed is put cars back in moms name and rented the shop to my dad. Changed locks on shop and added anchors and steel bars so no one could get in without keys or removing sheet metal lol I try to stay positive no point in dwelling on things u can’t change. Pain in the ass though seems like it’s a can’t get right kinda year.

I don’t know everything but I sure want to learn everything

6. Man, oh, man, Paul. Prayers for wisdom for you.

A stock wiring harness is pretty pricey, when you buy all the separate segments to make it complete. While I understand that is the objective to keep it 100% stock, it's way cheaper to buy a small fuse panel and some spools of 14ga wire and rewire it yourself.

Mac VanPelt has a GREAT website that has a ton of info on it, including the stock wiring diagrams. Besides that, he's a GREAT guy, too. I didn't look to see if he sells the different segments, but most of the antique Ford sites do sell them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Welcome to the HAMB Paul! You definitely came to the right place there's alot of knowledge here and lots of helpful folks!

8. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep your head up,To a better future....

9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sorry to read this, been in your shoes before.think things out, don't put the kids in the middle ,even if she does. good luck with that 40. im getting ready to start on my 3rd one, for a ground up. some times you have to make it alittle more modern to make it safe.