Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Minnesota

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by skyblue50, Jan 14, 2010.

1. skyblue50

skyblue50

Hi, my name is Ed and I heard about the HAMB while on the ChevyTalk site so thought I'd take the plunge and register. I've been into old cars since high school. I had a shop teacher that drove a '46 Lincoln and was always talking about the advantages of driving/working on old stuff. So in the summer of 1971 my brother and I bought and dragged out a 1938 Chevy coupe from a local junk yard and over the next year lined up a drivetrain to put in it. '57 235, 3 speed with a '55 rear end. We went through the brakes, new king pins, sanded the entire car by hand but had a local body shop paint it, and got it on the road. It had other issues with the steering as it shimmied quite a bit and would scare the crap out of you. I've been in posession of an old car ever since. My current driver is a '50 Chevy sedan delivery with a '52 235 from a powerglide car and a powerglide rear end. I also have a '53 Chev Belair convertible and a '50 Chev half ton, both are projects. I had a '55 Chev Belair 2 door hardtop with 327 and 4 speed that I drove back and forth to central California in '78-79 while stationed at NAS Lemoore. Took it up to Motate to Merced, didn't show it though. Also had a '34 Ford 3 window with a 347ci Pontiac, 3 deuces from a GTO and 4 speed Hydromatic and Pontiac rear end. Never too old to learn something, thanks.

2. Welcome, Ed....from the upper end of the state. :)

3. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Welcome from the NW suburbs of Mpls.

Doug

4. skyblue50

skyblue50

Thanks for the welcome. I live about 90 miles south of the cities right near I-35.

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB! When you need some pinstriping done let me know...

6. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Welcome to the HAMB Ed! i have a a 235 powerglide in my Chevy too.

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I've had fun with the ole inlines too. Welcome aboard from Maryland!

8. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

9. tim63riv

tim63riv

Ed,
    Welcome from Maplewood! Hope you are enjoying our January thaw this week!
    Tim

10. HotRodJo68

HotRodJo68

What's this "thaw" you speak of?

I am really looking forward to Spring. I'm up in Ramsey and I just about forget what my yard looks like without the snow. :cool:

Welcome...

11. Beau

Beau