Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Jersey

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ralphie9n, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

My name is Ralph and Ive been checking out this site for awhile so I figured its time for my intro. Im 36 years old and got my first rod at 17. It was a 55 chevy that I just recently sold a couple years ago when my dad died. Lost intrest for a couple years after the passing of my dad but got back into it when I picked up a 51 chevy 3600 just to mess around with. Got it up and running and presentable for the local cruise nights. Then I stumbbled onto this site and havent been the same since. Ive meet some great people on here over the last couple months that have helped me greatly. I have found my first build project about a month ago. I found a 31 roadster that was parked since 1954. The plan is to put it on 32 rails and run it with a flathead and a quick change. Flop from this site is doing the metal work and building my frame out of rails he picked up in hershey. I picked up a 50 flathead that I took apart and am sending out to the machine shop. I am sure I will be needing advice when I start putting the flattie back together. So thats who I am and what i am up to. Thanks for checking it out.

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

sounds like you have plan,welcome aboard--chuck

3. speedyg948

speedyg948

welcome to HAMB.....great place to get whatever info you need..good luck on your build

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Jersey is cool. Welcome. Slim

5. Ralph,
    Welcome from Michigan
    and good luck on your build.