Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from Detroit

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Chopped Tudor, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

I've been lurking around the HAMB for some time now and i decided to jump in and do a intro. My name is Tony, I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I was brought up with hot rods my whole life. I have a chopped 31 Ford tudor sedan that's done and i have a 27 Ford roadster on a deuce frame in progress. As you can see i'm into traditional rods and I build them to drive them as much as i can.
    I'll post some pictures of my car as soon as i can figure out how to resize them.

2. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

To resize post your pictures on a free uploading site called www.photobucket.com and they have an 'edit' button for each picture you post. click that and a little way dow it will have a resizing catagory and it will say something like do you want 50%, 25% or what have you of the the original... if you need any more help with it PM me and I will see what i can do. I would love to see some pictures of that car and welcome to your new home.
    Erin

3. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hi Tony, glad to see you finally decided to come out of lurker statis. I've looked for a couple of photos of your ride to post for you from either BilletProof or the Broken Dreams Cruz but I can't find any. If you'd like me to post a couple for you you can email them to me. hotrodladycrusr@aol.com

Welcome to the HAMB, see ya in a couple of weeks.

5. Welcome, Tony! See ya in a few weeks at AutoRama!

6. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I think I have some pics...

7. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

8. swazzie

swazzie

Wow Tony , you blow! Jus kiddin , that's a fuckin rockin tudrrrr .Welcome aboard man! show us some pics of the " in progress" sled . G.M.B. swaZZie

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Well alright another Tudor man!

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey Tony!

Good to see ya on da HAMB! :cool:

We met at Roadstar's place this past Fall...very cool car!

Here's a few pics I snapped at the Broken Dream Kruise...

11. Wow, nice ride. Glad to have more Michigan Hot Rodders! Hope to see you in March.
    Shaun.

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Welcome aboard Tony.
    That's a real nice Tudor ya got there!
    Get some pictures of that roadster project up here for us.

13. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

Welcome! Another Draggin, them Draggins is invadin'! HAHA.. cool to have another Detroiter aboard.

TinyE

14. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome Tony, wrong place to post intro though. :D

15. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Can anyone clue me in on the "Broken Dream Cruise"? Those pics look to be taken about a mile from my house. That's the one Mexican restaurant in the background right?

16. Welcome young blood is good for the sport. Us old guys are getting tired. Great ride.

17. Hey,I think Randy likes you ;)

Welcome to the HAMB.

Those look like off road tires on the back of you car. :D

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, you nailed the place. The BDC was hosted by the Deadbeats and the tatoo shop kinda next door. Sad to say the tatoo shop no longer leases that place for their business.

:D You made me choke on my oatmeal! :D

19. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Welcome man! That car is pretty bitchin'! It was one of my favorites at the BDK...:cool:

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I remember seein' that heap at the BDC. Pretty bad ass. See ya at Cobo!!

21. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Welcome to the GMB!

22. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Yeah, I was sad to see that tattoo shop go. Not that I'm a customer, I just saw a lot of cool cars out front pretty frequently. Had been telling my wife I was going to go in there and get our daughter's name on my arm. Whether I'll actually follow through, I don't know. I noticed this weekend that another tattoo business is opening up there.

I'm waiting to hear whether my offer on a new house is accepted. It's about within walking distance of that spot. Can see Woodward from the front porch. Nice house too. I'm selling my old house on Coolidge Hwy just north of 13 Mile. Or at least I'm trying to sell it.

Another business I really like, even though I've never been a customer, is Vinsetta Garage. I love driving by there on the way to work every morning. Always something nice to look at parked by the old gas pumps.

23. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Are YOU in the GMB's?

I didn't realize it only required being from MI, I thought you had to hang out every once in a while too!:confused:

24. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Not to Hijack the post, but that shit pisses me off. It's happened a bunch in Flint... A decent (or in this case awesome) shop closes, and some shithole opens up in the same spot, just to capitalize on the reputation of the place that was there before...:mad:

People don't seem to remember the names of shops most of the time; they'll say "You want a good tattoo, then go to the shop on wodward and 11 1/2 mile", not knowing it's a different shop.

I guess it happens in most industries, but it still seems fucked. If some hack makes money off of MY reputation as a piercer whenever I retire, I'll be PISSED.:mad:

Sorry for the rant....:eek:

25. nailhead60

nailhead60

Hey Tony
    Greetings form Kansas !!!!
    And welcome to the HAMB...........
    For a young guy ..... youre alright
    Ron

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hey!! I remember your car from BDC. Nice ride and looked like it was owned by someone a lot older than you. that's a compliment BTW. Welcome aboard.

Frank

27. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Yeah, sorry about the tangent here. Welcome to the new guy and his car. That's the important topic right?

But back to the tangent. I don't know anything about that new place. Hell, I didn't know anything about the old place. The sign for the new place had a lot of stars and stripes an eagle and maybe flames. Had the style of one of those huge vinyl decals for the back window of an F-150. Not my style. But I won't judge the shop based on their corny sign. I judged the old place to be cool based on the cars parked out front. That is the true barometer of any business.

I agree, it isn't cool for the new business to capitalize on the rep of the previous biz. But I imagine if I was going to open up a tattoo shop in Royal Oak, I'd look into leasing the shop that was already set up for it. Also I wish someone would hurry up and buy my house. Even further off topic.

28. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

Hey thanks guys. I'll be at autorama with the car in the draggins display. The car will have some changes like a panted frame and fire wall and front end.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Right on Cooliage?? That really sucks. Hard to have a party with cool cars if there is no where to park. :D I sure hope you do get this new place. It'd be nice to have a "bud" with a clean bathroom so close to the Woodward cruzn action, although the current place is pretty convienant as well. ;)

Hey Tony, I've got a "wanted to buy" post in the classifieds. Will you ask Poncho if he has a rear stone/gravel guard for a 46-48 Olds or Chevy. I'm also looking for rear 46-47 Chevy only bumper brackets. I thought if anyone has this stuff around town it'd be Poncho. Thanks

30. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

The 27 roadster is just a pile of scattered parts for now. I plan on building a late 40's style hot rod. so far this is what i have: 57 cad v8 w/ 2 carb intake, cowl steering, a duvall windshield and a deuce frame.