Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ziggster, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ziggster

Ziggster

Having a lifelong love of the automobile and after coming across Richard Scaldwell's GN JAP creation a few months back, I just knew I had to see if I could create something that might just slightly resemble his masterpiece. So, yesterday I picked up my Ford C59A industrial flathead with hopes of using it in my creation. Next is finding a frame as I'm guessing wooden frame rails won't support this beast.
    image.jpeg

2. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

The combustion chambers look pretty clean, was this a natural gas or propane fueled engine?
    How is it for cracks?

3. Ziggster

Ziggster

One crack from what I can see. It's between one of the water jackets and threaded hole for a head bolt. Engine actually came from out west and was rebuilt in Edmonton back in the eighties. At least that's what the seller told me. There is actually a stamped plate that is riveted to the block that gives the new specs. It was bored .040 over. Not sure as to what fuel was used. Cam and pistons look to be finished, but crank and cyl bores look good.

4. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

That type of crack can be ignored, I believe.
    It seems like you got a good one.

5. Ziggster

Ziggster

Will be bringing it to a machine shop soon for a good cleaning and assessment.

6. fifthgear_76

fifthgear_76

Looks good. I just picked up same model number engine tonight. Can't wait to get into it.

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe