Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy found 57 fairlane 60's custom show car

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NICKEYCHEVY60, Nov 21, 2006.

1. WAY COOL SITE !! Hey there all.My name is Ed and I've been messing around with cars for 40+ years.Formerly from Chicago,just relocated to N.Y.Anyone know anything about this car?Originally from Cicero,Illinois. It was shown around the midwest in the early 60's as "Golddigger" before major body changes and orange paint. Appeared in Hot Rod Magazine's Custom Car Yearbook #1 in 1963. It's a lowered 1957 Fairlane with a '57 Desoto bumper and headlights, shaved doors,rounded hood & trunk,frenched antennas,1962 Chevy tuck and roll interior,upholstered trunk & engine compartment & lots more. I found it after having been stored in a trailer since 1983.I am beginning restoration and looking for any info or pictures anyone may have. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Hey Welcome to the HAMB. since now one else has said it. Nice car you must have good friends to help you move all those parts out of that trailer!! and get the motor off the hoist! Good luck finding you pedigrees papers if anyone will know this car these guys will!

3. beauishere

beauishere

Welcome and good luck with your new ride. Wasn't the name nose digger?

4. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

have you been to riksters site

5. Welcome to the Hamb, I love story's about found old show cars. I always wonder what happend to all the great show cars over the years?

Great find, good luck on finding more info. You are on the right place.

CBB

7. Thank you

8. Golddigger nosedigger....I'm snot sure..It was one of phlegm. Just take yer pick. :D .Thanks fer the welcome.

9. Checked it out.Thanks Bret,Ed

10. Tony

Tony

Hey Ed, whats up man..Welcome to the HAMB, glad ya joined up.
    That Fairlane looks pretty wild...damn cool find..
    Sooner or later i need to see that '60 in person...

See you around i'm sure :D

Tony