Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy Checkin' In

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Green Goblin, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Hello Everybody.

My name is Mike and I'm from the Southside of Chicago.
    I was referred to this site through a reply to one of my posts on www.chitownracing.com where I was looking for some Stromberg Large Logo 97's or Holley 94's.

I currently own a 1953 Pontiac Catalina 2DR HT that I'm making into a Rat Rod. I bought it last august for $1100.00 from a guy in Lansing, IL. The car is in amazing shape for being a midwest car. The entire car had been media blasted down to bare metal and shot in a euro primer. There is only (ONE) small rust hole on the bottom of the drivers side fender. The floors look like they rolled off the showroom floor and the frame is equally beautiful. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all so I still can't believe I got this car..

It currently has a Flathead Straight 8 that runs just fine but sitting next to it in the garage is a 1958 Buick 364ci Nailhead motor that will be rebuilt in the near future.

Well, that's enough for now. I want to go explore the board. I'm sure you'll get to know me a bit more from my posts on here.

Later guys and gals.
    Mike

2. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB from Oklahoma!

3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.

4. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Welcome.. pictures make you cooler here!

5. Welcome Greeny , Hay cool Car!!! I Have a 54 Ponch HT I just started, sounds like we're going in the same direction wit 'em Have to post some pics..... Louver Dude Another FNG

6. Welcome aboard. Enjoy

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Un Gran Welcomo !

8. slacker

slacker

Mike welcome.I am the one who refered you.Now get that poncho going .Quit calling them rat rods,and come on up to Woodfire in Itasca this summer

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

That's what I was going to say... rat rods.... makes me shiver thinking of that nowadays. Oh, and Woodfire has some mighty fine chicken!

I grew up in Lansing, I probably drove past that car numerous times (although I don't remember seeing it.)

Welcome!