Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy - 28' sport coupe in Idaho

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sirhc, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

Hello!

This is Chris from Idaho, just bought an old 28' sport coupe body...

No big plans yet, although I don't think I'll put a roof back on it. I've got a buick 215 with a 4 speed that'll probably end up in it. I'm still deciding on A or 32' rails...

Looking forward the project, and I'm sure I'll be back looking for some help and inspiration.

Here is the obligatory "first drive" picture. Doesn't the old lady look enthused?! =)

[​IMG]

2. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Welcome from Florida. Always liked sport coupes and 215's. Great combo. A lift-off top might be a good way to go. Have fun.

Lee

3. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

Welcome from Cen-Cal

4. slick a&t

slick a&t

Welcome,from a sport coupe fan in Connecticut.

5. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I dont know why the tops started getting cut off.. sport coupes are so much cooler.

6. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

I agree... sport coupes are cool. My doors were relieved of their tops many years before I stumbled across the project. I've got my eyes out for a set of doors ($$$!), but I'm leaning towards running it without them and fabbing a removable hardtop down the road. I'll have plenty to keep me busy building a chassis before I start even thinking about that stuff though!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  7. I know of a 29 sport coupe,been sitting behind an upholstry shop for a few years-just waiting him out someday ---it will be mine,all mine yes it will !!!! -oh hi -yes i kinda like sport coupes too , lift off tops work well

8. mj40's

mj40's

Welcome from Boise. Check out the USRI web page for events in Idaho.

9. 343w

343w

Welcome Chris, enjoy the sight and the build of the model A, thanks for the pic.