Register now to get rid of these ads!

New girl in town

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NolanRyanLady, Sep 11, 2016.

1. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

2. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Cool looking Falcon.

Welcome from Illinois.

NolanRyanLady likes this.
  3. Clik

Clik

There's a couple of those here on the HAMB you should be able to snag plenty of info. Two door three pedals = GOOD START.

4. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome to the jungle from Mass.
    Old saying on here- "If you can't find it, make it". Lots of incredible fabrication going on here- check out some of the posts; pretty impressive stuff !
    Noticed you didn't say where you're from--- witness protection program??
    And who's Nolan Ryan? (Is he the guy from New Jersey with the black '32 coupe? )
    All kidding aside, you posted lots of pictures so you've avoided feedback on that ( big issue on here- no pictures, no car).
    Have fun, be safe.
    (now I remember- Nolan's the guy that drives the Top Fuel car, right??)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. [QUOTE="mike bowling, post: 11692008, member: 207754"
    And who's Nolan Ryan? (Is he the guy from New Jersey with the black '32 coupe? )[/QUOTE]
    Everyone knows who Nolan Ryan is,,,Think baseball...

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. CARPY

CARPY

I had a 65 XP ute when i lived in Oz, then when I came here to states I ran around in 1 65 Ranchero, loved them, good luck with your machine.

9. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

Lol sorry,
    I'm from Iowa.

And Nolan Ryan the baseball player, I was nicknamed after him lol

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. silent rick

silent rick

look at all the snakes on the passenger side floorboard. i guess that's what to expect when you pull a car out of a field.

11. mike bowling

mike bowling

Aha! The Hawkeye State!
    And believe it or not, I knew who Nolan Ryan was. Trying to be funny..............sorry
    Should be lots of vintage tin in Iowa? I bet something will turn up.
    Good luck with it, and keep posting!

NolanRyanLady and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Wagon are cool & Falcon wagons are in demand,welcome to the hamb and keep us posted as you bring the old bird of prey back to life. HRP

13. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Great car, sadly we only got the poverty pack 4 door wagon down here. Ford were stingy and retooled, only changing the grills and tail lamps when they were offered. I didn't know until recently that your wagon used the longer Ranchero doors. Utes over here used the shorter 4 door sedan doors.

15. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

Sorry haven't posted anything yet, trying to finish my daily that was wrecked into before I start on this project. Currently trying to figure out the wheel situation.. it has the factory 13" 5 luggers on it. But it's missing one. Trying to find one, because I have the original hubcaps that I'd like to toss back on them. Was told trailer wheels would work? Any truths to that? Would these work??
    1475054401588.png

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

17. Those wheels would work,however you may want look at what both Wheelvintiques and Wheelsmith offer before you make a final decision. I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

We have started on this project. Motor swapped and progress being made . Made another trip to oreillys..

Motor bolted right in. As ugly as them 78 mustang IIs are. They are handy creatures to have around..

Funny thing is hooked the battery up and the horn worked, blinkers and headlights worked, dome light worked, all dash lights came on, blower motor sprang to life, windshield wipers went like hell.
    This project has surprisingly gone well. ( knock on wood )

Everything so far has bolted right on or with very little effort.

Have wheels and tires are coming. Motor is running.. working on wheel cylinders .brake shoes, etc . Running into wheel cylinder size issues .

Had to fab up a different tranny crossmember. Otherwise the c4 yolk worked perfectly with the wagon drive shaft. That fit like a glove..

Need to patch the floor for sure. Right now she's the flinstone special. Lol

Still need a floor shifter and have to figure out a fuel tank. As the wagons had a vent issue and a gas puking issue. Trying to be creative here..

Brake lines are next.. then fuel tank . IMAG0883.jpg IMAG0916.jpg IMAG0953.jpg IMAG0954.jpg IMAG0939.jpg IMAG0981.jpg IMAG0990.jpg IMAG0992.jpg IMAG0977.jpg IMAG0948.jpg IMAG0968.jpg IMAG0883.jpg IMAG0916.jpg IMAG0953.jpg IMAG0954.jpg IMAG0939.jpg IMAG0981.jpg IMAG0990.jpg IMAG0992.jpg

19. NolanRyanLady

NolanRyanLady

Sorry about the duplicate picture posting. Not sure what happened there lol

Anyways. That's our update for now!

Squablow likes this.
  20. RMONTY

RMONTY

You may want to post this in the main board for better exposure. I almost missed it since it is listed in the New Members section. Cool project!