Register now to get rid of these ads!

new girl here from OR

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 50dodge, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Wiring by Lucas! That's some funny shit>>>>.

2. whisperer

whisperer
    from Bend, OR

Hey Valley Girl! Welcome from Bend.

3. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

cobb- the wayfarer,coronet,and meadowbrook from 1950 have the same engine. mine is a meadowbrook. its still 6volt. someone told me that you dont have to re-wire the whole car and that there is just a few little conversion pieces?!?! right now i am getting the exhaust manifold ready to be hot tanked. the old one cracked. im keeping it original though, i pulled one off of a 49 coronet.

brandi and meatball- thank you for the welcome!! its hard being new and not really knowing anyone and sometimes girls can be catty and make it hard to really make friends!!! most of my friends are country and dont really understand why i got my dodge, but its something i have always wanted..so im putting myself out there and going balls to the walls! so here i am..

flatbroke- i could care less if someone rolls their eyes at my car just because it has four doors. i like it! it suits me and if it doesnt suit someone else thats their problem...not mine. but thanks for the welcoming! glad you like my car. ill post more pics once its dry so i can take her tarp off and that will probably be this weekend! woohoo!! finally!

4. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

thank you whisperer! how are things in your part of oregon?? do you go to portland much??

5. 50Coronet

50Coronet

loos like the same car ive got?is it a coronet i just started mine to.

6. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

yep... all you need is a reducer for the heater fan and fuel gauge(if it works) and 12v bulbs,headlights, and coil,. oh and a 12v battery.
    welcome to the hamb! you should be able to obtain all the information you need here..

7. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

50 coronet- it is not. its a meadowbrook! the body styles are slightly different kind of hard to tell the difference unless you own one or really have seen them all. welcome to my club- the club of dodgers..its exclusive..so far..just you and me. hahaha! jk! what all do you plan on doing to it?

oilslinger53- thank you!! this is the reason why i came here. you all have way more knowledge than i could hope to obtain!!! i look forawrd to learning!

8. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

50coronet- your coronet looks to be in super condition!!!! do you drive her daily or just a project or just for fun?

9. 5window

5window

I don't know, guys. A nice young woman who knows about cars,likes traditional rods, doesn't mind if you turn your language a little blue, wants to learn from the old guys and shows some respect and already knows a ton and can tell a Coronet from a Meadowbrook-I think it's a SCAM!! :) Probably some of those Nigerian fellows who leave you 50 million dollars just having a bit of fun with us. But just in case, welcome to the HAMB,Sarah. I, too, like your ride.

10. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

hahaha...well im glad you like em big, cause so do i!!!!!;)

11. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

its true, im nigerian and im here to fool you all!! i pay attention when it comes to things i like...cars i love! so you can imagine that i must pay attention quite a bit more!!! i dont know if i know a ton...:rolleyes:, but i sure would love to learn more!! im glad you like my ride! i have some more angles of it...ill post em!

12. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

13. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

shadowmtkustomz- i like it! it sounds nice from the video clip. is sandy a boxer?? how long have you had your 50??

14. i bought it from the original owner when i was 16, so going on four years now. i see you've done a lot of body work on yours. i'm about to start that soon. how did you get rid of the shelf where the front fender comes together?

yep sandy is a boxer.

15. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

i didnt do the body work. it was done by a body shop in portland,or. i bought it about 6 months ago from a friend who no longer wanted to finish her. thats when i swooped in and saved her!!! i had been watching my friend and waiting for the day he said he didnt have enough time. the body shop from what i know filled in all the trim holes around the bottom and dropped it two inches. most of what i have learned is from friends who do cars for a living and reading. you should put a posting up and ask for advice. there are a lot of people on here with great advice and lots of knowledge!!! i asked about sandy because i have a boxer too. her name is sasha and she is a brindle.

16. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

thats a pretty sick looking meadowbrook!! i really like the black and white walls!! i have been thinking that i might do a flat black paint job until i decide on a final color. i havent decided if i want to go with an original color from that year or if i want to just do a custom paint job. my favorite color is pink and id love to incorporate it into the paint job somehow...my main goal right now is getting my exhaust manifold hot tanked and put on.

17. keep us updated on your progress.

18. jess

jess
    from Nebraska

Hey there and welcome. Yep, lots of car girls on the HAMB. With what I've read so far, you'll fit right in.

19. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

thank you jess!!! i appreciate it!!

20. nexxussian

nexxussian

DOH!!! Sorry, that's officially my bad, dang.

Probably more torque than HP, and IIRC the tug we had (if it's representative of the breed) it had it from idle till it ran out of breath.

21. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

No problem nexxussian get it every now and again:),
    '50 Dodge Since everyone is sharing here's a shot of my Wayfarer! Why do you want to go 12V? I've been getting along just stellar with the 6V system since I got 'er:D
    [​IMG]

22. 52 csb

52 csb

Welcome from the ROCK girl. Love those early 50s. Good luck with yur pink/ -------- ride 1mile road 2 mile ditch I have a 52 chevy coupe in progress. LATER:):)

23. 50Coronet

50Coronet

The paint looks deceving its full of orange peel. It was painted from one of the previous owners. The car is from Cal boarder and row resides in Vancouver BC Canada. It has a couple bad spots on the floor but the body is super! ive started stripping paint and getting it ready for the mat black. Im looking to put air bags under it andnext summer a 2" chop and V8. Im hoping to have it drivable for the big Langley car show here in September.

24. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

jayne cobb- i really like your wayfarer!!!!!!!!! shes a beauty!!!!! maybe i wont switch it to 12v. how are the headlights at night? i heard they can be extremely hard to see with. did you buy her restored like that or did you have to do it yourself? either way...im in love with her! i think i fall in love to easily...with cars that is..hahaha!

25. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

26. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

ok so my last post...didnt work. 50coronet- i meant to say that looks are decieving. she looks like she is in superb condition. rusting on the floor is typical. it doesnt sound like you have a ton of work. count your blessings!!!!

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

28. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

thank you for the welcoming! i am envious of your 52 chev. i like those! but i love my car too. i probly shouldnt talk too much about other cars, mine will get jealous!!! good luck with your car as well!!