Register now to get rid of these ads!

new girl here from OR

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 50dodge, Mar 26, 2008.

1. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

Hey everyone! I am fresh and new! I have a 1950 dodge that is all original, including the engine. Right now she is primered and waiting for me to decide on a color. The inside needs to be put back together. There is not a whole lot that needs to be done, atleast not in my eyes. I do not like hot rods that are tricked to the hills with technology and the latest trends. I can appreciate a nice looking rod, but it just doesnt do anything for me. A nice looking traditional car just tickles me pink. Well thats probably enough for you all!
    Sarah:)

2. Why dont you show everyone a pic of you and your car...

3. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

i shall try to get one up here in the next few minutes!

4. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

5. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

6. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

sorry they are so big!! i dont know how to downsize them... but there you go! thats me and my baby!

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Welcome aboard Sarah.

8. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

why thank you!

9. solo_909

solo_909

Welcome to the good ol H.A.M.B! I must say your a qt = )

10. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

shucks, yer making me blush :) thank you though!are there many chicks on here??

11. Welcome! Enjoy it here, their is a wealth of info and tech on here. don't think to much of some of the razzing on here just a bunch of gear heads having fun!

12. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

i like your car solo 909. shes puurrrttyyy!!

13. mac762

mac762

Engine pics? Please. I haven't ever seen a 50 Dodge engine. Cool car. Later Josh

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

There's nothing better than a 'chick who's not offended by the word chick!

There are about a dozen or so Ladies who regularly hang out here on the HAMB.

Once you jump in to the general discussion, you may want to put something in your sig line to indicate that your a lady,,, sometimes us guys can get a little,,, um,,, colorfull with our language and ideas :eek:

What can I say.... Boys will be boys. :rolleyes:

15. Welcome to the HAMB,we like "fresh and new;)".There are quite a few very serious rodders,of your fair gender on here,especially "Hotrodladycrusr", "ChevyGirlRox"and another recent addition "Jess",plus many others.

16. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

thanks rodhotz! well thats why i am here,for the wealth of knowledge! as soon as the weather permits, ill be putting my girl back together. ill be picking all of your brains when i run into problems!

17. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

well i appreciate the concern, but i have an older brother and lots of guy friends so i tend to hear a lot of things a lady shouldnt. i have gotten used to it. not a whole offends me anymore..not sure if thats good or bad, but you all shouldnt have to watch your step just cause im here.

18. nexxussian

nexxussian

Welcome, nice looking ride. What does it have for power (I'm not up on the Dodge plants)?

19. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Glad to have you here, lots of great people in this group. good luck with your project.

Jon

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Young lady, with an attitude like that, you better watch your step! One of these crazy guys here just might sweep you up off your feet and put a ring on your finger! Maybe even me!!! :eek: :D

21. welcome from Ms.

22. 50dodge

50dodge
    from Carlton,OR

nexxussian- the 1950 dodges have flathead inline 6's, if thats how you say it...i know its a flathead and i know its an inline 6. not many ponies. haha. but im not looking to roast the tires...so its good for me!

pir8 darryl- lucky for me someone already had swept me off my feet and put a ring on my finger...:rolleyes: sorry. he's a gentlemen and doesnt really talk like my guy friends and brother do. go figure. :)

i will try and get a picture of the engine up somewhat soon josh. its nothing fancy or exciting.

23. nexxussian

nexxussian

Thanks, I wasn't sure when the Dodge brand went OHV. I understand the Flathead Dodges have good torque though. Supposedly liven up with a couple carbs and split exhaust (which oddly enough seems to be the case regardless of brand) or so I'm told.

24. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

nexxussian: prol'ly looks like this, Mopar Flatties are some stout shit this one's in my '50 Dodge Wayfarer :cool: And Welcome to the board '50 Dodge! Is that a Coronet or a Meadowbrook?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. That's OK we like em BIG!!!!! Welcome>>>>>>>>.

26. nexxussian

nexxussian

When I was in A&P school (aircraft maintenance) we had an old aircraft tug that had a Chrysler Industrial 6 in it (looks just like your pics Ms Cobb), wouldn't go real fast, but I got the feeling if you could get a good enough hitch on it and enough traction that it would have pulled the building off its' foundation.

27. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

welcome!, from 2 state-lines north
    nice lookin car...from what i can see heheh
    just letting you know you're gonna get some eye-rolling coz it's a 4door, but who cares huh....doesn't faze me!

28. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

nexxussian, No offence to you and none taken, but I'm a dude... The nick name is from one of my favorite TV shows, the guy in the show was a gun toting merc and was my fav character. Here's me, got a hair cut since then:D
    [​IMG]
    And yes they have alot of torque...If I remember there's almost as much or more torque/HP

29. Brandi

Brandi

There are quite a few! Us hot rods chicks have to stick together, ya know!

30. welcome to the jungle ......your in good company we gotta bunch of classy women on here some from Oregon,including the hotrod lady Joyce......hope to see ya around...........