Register now to get rid of these ads!

new gauges in old faces?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charlesmajor, Feb 11, 2012.

1. charlesmajor

charlesmajor
    from tx

Looking for the best way to keep my old faces but switch over everything to hook up to a LS1 engine, so speed would be an input. Can I junk yard the dash out of a LS1 car and attach my hands? How would I attach? Or is aftermarket or sending them to someone (who?) a better idea?
    Thanks

2. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Couple of ways to do it, depending on what you have. Buy some cheapo gauges and put their guts behind the face, but then your sweeps wont match so you will have to re-do the faces.
    You can do a cable-x for the speedo, if you need a tach, we have a tach adapter that will probably work. Pressure and temp, just use the original tubes or senders, volts are volts and re-use the original fuel sender.
    Using an OE cluster and taking it apart probably wont work because all of the controlling is most likely on the main board, and the sweeps will not match your faces.
    Mark