Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from West Virginia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by warhorseracing, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Well I have been lurking here for a few months, reading and gathering information about this site, the people here and what you are into. I am not new to the automobile scene, started drag racing a '51 Thames panel van with a 331 Buick Nail Head in 1974 at PID. Maybe someone here will remember the Red Panel with gold leaf lettered "Corvette Killer", maybe not. When I was still in High School I bought a 1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe, a V8 car with a '52 Customline for the driveline. I spent a year and a half cheerying the body and getting the '52 running, then yanking the engine/tranny and junking the '52. All was complete except for the left rear fender, window glass, interior, and a frame. Well I couldn't find a frame or no one to build one for me so I sold the works for $500, and still kick myself in the a$$ for it. I moved on, latest creations are a '90 MK VII LSC banned from NHRA Competetion till I put in a roll bar, not happening. '65 F-250 Hi Boy, '65 cab and bed, tilt fiberglass front end with 488 BBF 4 Speed set upon a '77 F-250 Hi Boy frame and running gear. My real reason for coming to this site is my recent acquisition on a '29 Fordor Briggs 2 window (170A), while there is no real intention of rodding it, it ain't gonna be stock. Member of the U.S. Army 30+ years and counting, highest rank MSG, currently SFC, Combat Vet, 3 tours last being '03-05 Iraq and getting ready to go again in the future, lost some arm bone last time and got Medevaced a little too early. I'll tell you more as time goes on, thats enough rant for now.

2. John B

John B

Welcome to The HAMB. Cameron is in the lower part of the panhandle isn't it?

3. Yes it is, Marshall Co. Are you familiar with the area? The hills and hollows hide all sorts of goodies, unfortunately the humid air rusts it very quickly.

4. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Welcome
    I live in Charleston until this summer some time then we'll move up to your area (job transfer).
    Butch

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Creature13

Creature13

Welcome... Happy New Year!