Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from north Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sharpb, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Sharpb

Sharpb

Hey guys, just got a ‘60 Apache. It was sitting for about 20 years. It’s going to be a restoration project for me and my son. She’s got a long way to go, but it will be worth it in the end[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy likes this.
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Great start. Welcome

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Those look great when finished. Your profile does not give any info on you or the area you are located at. There could be some of us nearby for help or even parts so if you update your profile info you could find locals of same interests are nearby. Parts are not hard to find. I have a new starter for the 235 that is a spare.
    O'riley's should have or can get overnight any mechanical or electric items you need and their stores are everywhere.
    Does it run & drive? If so cover & protect your wiring, distributor, coil, etc and pressure wash the entire truck also under hood and the underside of chassis & body and if needed give it a tune up & drive the heck out of it while going thru with all the projects. This way just do ONE project at a time so you do not disable the truck until you are finished. You get a lot more enjoyment as you go that way.
    good luck, Jimmie

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Nice project truck! What part of North Texas are you in? If you need a hand with anything, let me know. Always looking to meet people with the old car bug.

5. LOOKS LIKE THE CURRANT GENERATION HAS NO IDEA IF WHAT AN INTRODUCTION IS...

6. Don't be to hard on him Bob, He is a fellow Texan. :D HRP

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

He is looking for a location and marital status. Caution...…….

8. Sharpb

Sharpb

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I’ll try to update my profile better to let everyone know more about me

9. Cool truck! It’s great that you and your son have a project together. My dad and I restored our 1950 3100 together when I was 14 and 15. That was 30 years ago and since then, we have gone drag racing, rode Harley’s, restored antique tractors, and built hot rods together. This afternoon we disassembled a 1941 Farmall BN for restoration this winter and soon we are going to start putting a Small Block Chevy into a 1963 IH C1100 with my son. He’s only eight, but it’s never too early to start!

10. Sharpb

Sharpb

My son is eight too. He’s just as fired up about this truck as I am

31hotrodguy likes this.