Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEW FROM HURST 29 3/8"x5"x15"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODRUBBER, Jul 21, 2010.

1. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

New from the Rubber Room...........

Hurst 29 3/8"x5"x15" NYLON TUBELESS

Thank you for all the continuing support!!!!!

Cody Adams

HURST RACING TIRES

What you think about this on a HA/GR ??????????

Adios!

Attached Files:

• web1.jpg
      web1.jpg
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Cody, after having read that article in SR about your company, I wonder how do you do custom recaps? It would seem that you need a mold for every size you produce so a custom job would require a custom mold right?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn those are cool!!! I am either going to pick up a set of these or the 16" (6.5 wide) slicks for my '32 eventually. Cool!!!

4. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Yes you are correct, We can only build what we have molds for. Some of our molds have been modified for width. An actual mold if purchased NEW would run you in the ballpark of $20,000. Out of our 50+ molds that we currently have , less than a 1/3 are in production. My father is always pushing forward in offering the most of what we can do.

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

I'm diggin it!! I need to get me some more Hurst Tires soon I think...

6. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Ah hah, so you have molds that you don't currently use. So, I was wondering whether you could make a 32"x 8"x15 pie crust slick? 56NoBrakes bought a pair of your 30"x8x15 slicks and they just are a tad too short.

7. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

30" is as big as our machines will build. In a Pie Crust "Style" tire they never made them any taller, EVER...........A 31" tire would have been as tall as "Vintage" style tire ever would have been "Lest say Goodyear Blue Streak circa 1965 or an M&H Racemaster Non Pie Crust of same era.Might find 31"+ in a 12.00-16" or something like that but still not in a Pie Crust. Ya it would be RAD to go 31" or 32" but I don't see it in the future

Attached Files:

8. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Okay Cody, thanks for your help.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A lot of the cars running slicks on the 50's didn't have a lot of rubber rake anyhow right? So a cheater under 30" is perfect. I figure I'll set my '32 up to run those slicks then if I choose to switch to a taller regular 7.50 or something a little rubber rake will give it a whole new look. Best of both worlds!!!!!