Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from down the south.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lamego, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Lamego

Lamego

Hello All,

I finally got tired of that "members only" messages when trying to find out more about your projects. So here's my first post after a couple years of just watching over the fence.

I'm from the land of Tequila and Mariachi and got infected by the car bug very early in my life: I started working as a 10 year old helper at a local car workshop just because I wanted to see how they fixed cars.

Even though I've had a couple of project cars (I did my first top chop to a 1970 Dodge Dart :eek:), I just bought my first pre-60's car a couple of years ago.

It's a 1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 4dr, everything stock including the 6 volt electrical system. I got it from a guy that bought it in 1966,and with the exception of the fenders trim, everything is there.

It started as a frame-off restoration in Mexico City but I had to move to Guadalajara due to work, so I just re-assemble it as fast as I could and have it delivered to it's new home where it's waiting for the work to re-start.

Below is how it was when I bought it 3 years ago.

Attached Files:

2. 50 Fastback

50 Fastback

Welcome from The Windy City, Chicago

3. Lamego, bienvenido from Missouri. The Styleline Delux is sweet and I hope to add one to my collection someday! Keep us posted on the progress you make.