Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Chicago

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slayer, Jun 5, 2005.

1. whats up dudes of HAMB.Im a 30 year old chicago native who eats,sleaps,shits,and breaths hot rods.I've mostly owned muscle cars, but love traditional rods.My present projects include a '66 valiant street/strip terror, '67 triumph bonniville chopper, a '57 392 hemi and a '54 331 hemi (aint figered out what i want them in though).Right now the valiant is the only runner.But it turns 12.35 in the quater, not bad for driving it 60 miles to the closest track.This board seems to have a vast wealth of tech info, which i crave.I may not post vary often, but i'll be reading them as often as i can.

2. Welcome Slayer, You've come to the right place.

There's a ton of Chicago area people here. Check out the "Hunnert Car Pile Up" at Grundy on Oct. 8th. We'll all be there.

Joel

3. SPITSHINE

SPITSHINE

I know a great place for that 392!! about an hour north on the WI state line in my garage!! ha!! ha!!

Welcome!!!!

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Oak Park? No shit... Welcome aboard.

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB.

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

welcome! I'm a gearhead from out that way. I used to run the counter at White's Pit Stop, if you've ever been there.

Mike

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

I'm a big fan of your music.

Collin Benoit likes this.

8. Hee hee, Ya gotta love that Ol' Plowboy! :D

9. Thanks for the welcom guys. Nice to see some locals on the board.

Pan of chi town, that show in october sounds cool.Ill have to check it out.

Spitshine,thius was an intro not a for sale add. Get your oun hemi! But seriosly, there is a guy from think burlington WI that is at drag race expo every year that always to have a bunch of early hemi gear.Could shoot u the info if your interested.

Django,forest park ay,ever go to mugsy's or pioneer tap?

thirdyfivepickup, been going to whites since my dad used to do custom van shit.:confused: yea yea,I no. But I still think there cool.

plowboy you any where near champaign? I lived there from '94 to '99.And yes slayer(the band) rules!

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep, I am right oustide Champaign at work right now in Tolono. You probably saw my old model A around town all the time.

11. 38pickup

38pickup

Welcome to the HAMB.