Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from around Shreveport, LA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bigboyitm, Nov 26, 2018.

1. bigboyitm

bigboyitm

I joined the site over the weekend, just figured I'd say hi. I live in Mooringsport, LA, thats about 15 miles north of Shreveport, LA. I have a few project trucks I'm working on. One of them is a 53 ford f100, working on getting a title for it and figure out what direction I want to go with it and the other is a 91 Chevy c1500 (I know it doesn't fit this forum), it was going to be a drag truck bit I have changed my mind and am trying to tone it down a bit so I can drive it on the street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2. bigboyitm

bigboyitm

This is the 53, this is how I got it. It had a oldsmobile 350 and th350. I sold it earlier this year. I was thinking about doing a 460 & c6, bit deep down I'm a Chevy guy at heart so I'm probably gonna just put a 350 and a 700r4 in it and cruise it. I've bagged one truck in my life and I'll never do it again. Probably going to run a 4 link with coil overs, the front suspension is from a chevelle, I'm not sure what year. The rear end in it right now is from the same chevelle, I'm not sure if it's a posi or even the gears in it. It'll more than likely get a 9 inch put in it though with either 3.73 or 3.55.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. That should make a nice ride. It has been many, many years since I moved but I started school in the little log building in Blanchard in 1945 that is not far from Mooringsport. Think they made it into a library or such years later. Later that year we moved into Shreveport & finished school there. I was in the car culture & drag racing crowd there in the 50's & 60's & was a founding member of the old STA, Shreveport timing assoc. We hosted drags at the old airport just north of Mansfield, La.
    I have a lot of memories from there.
    Start a build thread with progress photo's as you do the truck. Jimmie

classiccarjack and bigboyitm like this.
  4. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. WELCOME to the HAMB!