Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Amarillo leg of route 66

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Fireman27, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Fireman27

Fireman27
    from Texas

New guy here. I live in Amarillo,tx been around cars my whole life. My dad grew up in so-cal in the 50's so my love of rust came from him more than my surroundings. I would always go to car shows with him growing up and would instantly get bored by all of the restored, custom paint, chrome.....everything that will fit in a dip tank, cars and loved to look through the salvage yard all day. I have an appreciation for the artists that can lay down beautiful paint, or bring a beat to hell bumper up to museum quality. I want to watch and learn those guys craft. I don't want to just show up with a trailer queen and say look what I " bought". I'm so cool.
    That being said, I bought an already started project from a father and son. It was a really good deal and was in the direction of my car I've been building in my head for years. I've got her Rollin and has tags. I' ve got a steel bodied 1927 model t, custom rectangular steel frame z'd with a chevy 350/350, 3inch dropped front axle, 4 bar rear. Hope to get a flatty in this baby at some point but I'm gonna drive it like she is and enjoy the he'll out of her until that day comes.

2. big bad john

big bad john

......Welcome from Wisconsin.....enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B......Big Bad John

3. Welcome from Connecticut

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Route 66, wow cool,
    welcome to the HAMB from Ca

5. oldman2

oldman2

Welcome and enjoy the site.