Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New forum member, new Model A owner

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Knucklebuster1978, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Knucklebuster1978

Knucklebuster1978
    from Idaho

My thoughts exactly! I have two boys 3 and 4 that love to work on cars with me. I think they would appreciate working and modifying this car when they get a bit older...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

Chop it, put it on '32 rails, big and littles, and a small block ford, with juice brakes,'32 grille shell, drop axle, etc...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Christom

Christom

Ditto!

4. fat141

fat141

IMO, posters of post #23 and 32 are only joshin' with you mate, nobody could be that dumb.
    Cheers, what a great car you have, plenty of other p.o.s. out there to cut up.
    Rod

5. Another option, if at some point you decide you want to hot rod it, would be to build up another chassis for it and change the sheet metal over when ready.

Original A frames are pretty cheap and even aftermarket perimeter frames are pretty reasonable. In most cases, you would be replacing just about all the chassis components anyway.

This way you could keep the original chassis intact in case you wanted to change it back or, if not, a complete running chassis would sell for much better price than pile of parts.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

While we are hot rodders on this site, we are also car lovers and story lovers. This car is not only pristine, it has HISTORY in the family. IMO this car deserves to survive forever the way it is right now. Not every car needs to be cut up and hot rodded.

Keep this one as it is and find another, not so good one, to modify. If you cut it up some day you will regret it.

Don