Register now to get rid of these ads!

New ford shoebox guy from Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rollingmenace, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

I just found this site and decided to register.. I've had a few classic cars in the past mostly muscle cars and drag racers.. I got away from them to build some rock crawlers I still have my bronco .. Also do alot with motorcycles and old vintage ATC's (three wheelers) ... I'm in. Colorado Springs and just aquired a few cars they are all currently in storage in Ohio but plan to have them shipped here next spring...
    I ended up with two El Caminos both 72 cars... One is a SS 454 that needs motor gone through new berings and cam but otherwise it's a driver.. The other is a smallblock car with a four speed that needs one door resprayed and the interior finished it has all the parts.. The motor came out of a car that was turning 10 second passes at summit in Norwalk ..
    And finally a 51 ford I believe to be a deluxe it has been restored a few years back.. Has a flathead v8 and 3 on the column. I drove it a little when I was back in July it needs a little work as it has been sitting for over a year but overall in really good shape .. I don't have alot of info as to what has been done and how long but my brother is trying to find out for me.. I am really excited to get these rides out here and start getting the 51 back into shape how I want it.. Nothing extreme convert to electronic ignition , 12 volt system, new headlight and LED bulbs for tails.. New intake and carb ... That way I can feel good a out driving it and hitting all the local shows...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice looking car.
    welcome from California.

3. Greetings from Durango.

4. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB > from South Ga.

5. Cortney

Cortney

Welcome from the Springs!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Rollingmenace

Rollingmenace

Thanks everyone I can't wait to get these out here so I can finish up on them and start hitting some car shows and cruises

7. chromeazone

chromeazone

Love them Shoeboxes! One of the first and best things I did was convert mine to
    12 Volts. Fortunate for me, I am retired and had the time to rewire the car. Scarey at first, and you need patience. If car is "restored" as you say, wiring may be in good condition. (Mine was terrible/original and crumbling apart.)
    I shelled out for a Painless kit and have no criticism. I had a Ron Francis kit for another car a few years back, and it remained the boogeyman on the shelf until I sold the car. I guess R.F. is a reliable kit, I just never could get started.
    Best of luck. Keep us posted. My old Navy Buddy from 50 years ago lives in The Springs. We were hot rod buds back in the So Cal days: Lions Saturday nights,etc.

8. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from downtown.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. BashingTin

BashingTin

Welcome from up north a bit in Fort Collins!

10. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

Welcome from Los Angeles