Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New FED project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dolmetsch, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Hey Don, I haven't checked in here for a while. Just thought I'd let you know I'm still watching. Thanks again for the advice on the 360 for my friend, we will start to assemble it soon. I'll send you some pix. Also got a kick out of seeing you Sr. Dragster in Hot Rod Deluxe, thanks for plugging Eagle. Cheers!

2. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Don, hadn't heard from ya! Probably a wee-bit cold up there!! Have a great day!! Mike.

3. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

Did you de-frost yet Don?

4. Did you de-frost yet Don?
    x2
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

5. Well I have a delima. I am losing my nerve driving. Why I dont know. Was caught on camera at half track with the brake almost fully applied on the slant six rail. Luckily the slant six has an abundance of power so it would be impossible to stop with the brake at full throttle except at the line below 4700 with a real warm converter. I am doing some real hard soul searching here. What is the point of finishing a build for a car I will not ever be able to drive? Seems for this old boy mid elevens is where I am comfortable. Could probably force myself to run 10s safely but beyond that isnt going to happen. Above that I get nervous. I am really enjoying the Sr dragster now and may just leave it at that as far as rails go. Dont have a lot of spare gold now either. Used to live off my stock investments. USED to being the active word. So I may just finish welding the chassis and sell it. Or hang it up in the garage or just poke away at it when I am bored. Hard decisions. Am still thinking it through.

Don

6. Well Don at our ages do what is most comfortable for you, I know thats what I do in fact I would be content to run nothing faster than 10s but damn will I have fun doing it!!!

7. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

8. I think I will stay put Carl. I am happy with my blue car. It is time to cool it a bit. I have a competitor who is a good fabber. I may donate it for future favours. I dont want to get in over my head and realize for the first time I could. What sacres me is I am content. Just turned 63. Would like to see 64 too. Not ready for a 4 yet. Six is fine. Have another Non hamb friendly deal in the works. Same power as the senior dragster but needs DAS AUTO on the door. A real super beetle.
    Hate to quit on this one but reality knocks.
    Don

9. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Subscribed to this after reading about it on Ontario Rodders. Nice build.

10. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Well Sir, you could possibly get someone else to drive it? No fun in that maybe ,but a lot of fun getting the engine to really sing while someone else straddles the diff....:eek:
    In the meantime a bit of history. Back in the early 60's a bunch of American engineers working in Australia for Chrysler built this poly dragster with a potvin style blower..
    [​IMG]