Register now to get rid of these ads!

New driver-63 Valiant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lild, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Lild

Lild

After a couple miserable failed attempts it came very obvious that I dont have the drive to finish a project car anymore. So I hunted down a driving car that I could fix up over time while still being able to enjoy. Sure its not a popular car or a two door but it works for me. What more can you expect for $800?!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. edweird

edweird

n00b here on the hamb has got a set of aluminum slots with the small bolt circle for sale. pm him if you are interested. tell him edweird sent ya.oh yea, nice valiant!

3. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

4. Know how ya feel, I do. Tomorrow I head to Dolton to look at a Studebaker Lark, same kinda condition, I hope. Same colour, for sure :)

Valiant is cool, 4 dr is OK by me, makes it easier to get the kids in the back (baby seat for the one, yet).

And you really aced the price, good on ya!!
    Cosmo

5. Lild

Lild

Thanks for the offer edweird but I like the steel wheels. Dont care for them being red though. Im picking up all the trim and a couple sets of caps from the p.o. this weekend. If the caps cover the wheels enough Ill leave them but otherwise will repaint them

6. Lild

Lild

I hear you on the kid thing. Mine are way outta the car seat stage but still is a ton easier not having them fight for space squeezing behind the front seats to get in.
    Good luck on your adventure!

7. skoh73

skoh73

Dig the Valiant! There's one round here that just got done last spring- rust/copper paint, light interior- gorgeous car!

8. I'm liking it... can't beat the good old 225 slant-6. The wood grain door panels are a nice touch, fix it up and drive the wheels off it.

Bob

9. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Cool, have fun with it!

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a nice 64 that I bought at an estate sale for 80 bucks.
    But that was nearly 20 years ago,It was a slaint 6 with the 3 on the tree that purred like a kitten after I got it running.
    [​IMG]

11. 62rebel

62rebel

that's a great little car; i bought a '63 Signet hardtop for $500 as a birthday gift for my wife about six years ago.... she loved it, but after losing the brakes twice and blowing the rear axle out, we let it go. can't fault the car for that, though; it had well over 200k miles on it. it's still around town, running a Maverick rear end now.
    i'm digging those door panels; my '62 falcon had a set of "Panel" panels when i got it!

12. My 1st car was a '63 Valiant Wagon....its present owner has a blower on it now!

13. I had a 64 in about 71, it was indestructible! A GREAT car! The Slant Six is one of the toughest motors ever made.
    Don't think Valiants can be cool?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  14. Lild

Lild

That car is wicked and its even a four door:eek:

15. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

that brings back some memories! my first car '63 2 door. I drove it for 2 years it cost all of $200

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a crappy old '63 Valiant back in '75. But it was ok, 'cause I drove the crap right out of it!...lol. That slant six would go pretty good, and I beat it without mercy. I could rev the engine as high as I wanted...push "L" and BAM!...she'd smoke the tires. It never broke, and finally took a vandal one night, to kill it. A testament to the toughness of those cars...and my teenaged stupidity.

Have fun.

17. I'm always on the prowl for Valiants and Darts with slant motors in them.

They're dang cheap and fun to play with.

18. I had a 64 and like other Guys said its a Work Horse
    loved the Push Buttom trans
    I towed a Race Car all over the Tri-state area
    & never Broke down, the Slant 6 engine is Strong
    Great Car
    Good Luck

19. Butch Clay

Butch Clay

You will have lots of fun with that car. Don't worry about the four doors, when your driving it all you can see is two doors anyhow. :D

Butch