Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest New Discovery Show - Jesse James Returns to TV With Austin Speed Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Crunch, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

You should PM Jesse here on the hamb and tell him the show he is making which you haven't seen is a real disappointment ... Tell him how it can be better , you know a few expert pointers

2. deto

deto

Haha awesome hombre. All these jokers and hacks have it figured out way better than Jesse apparently.

3. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

I mean no disrespect to Jesse or the guys at ASS at all... I just don't have much faith in the Discovery Channel.

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

If they feature the cars and builds or follow them along as they do custom work like when he was building the stainless headers for his flattie on his dvd it will be a cool show and one I will watch. But like has already been said, Discovery channel loves drama and usually goes that way.

5. LostHope

LostHope

Im just glad it looks like its going to be something geared towards more of our style cars and not a show on theme bike/car's shaped like firetrucks or other crap....even if it dont last long itll be something id rather watch then most shows on tv...cant wait!

6. slammed

slammed

Bingo.

7. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

Ive always looked up to Jesse! Cant wait for the show.

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

first. i DO NOT see the show going to far-since most will turn in to see what kinda bullsh*t drama will be kick up!i never really heard him say anything bad about any one other guys he's up against.:D
    second. Jesse is a hell of a good guy! i've met & hung out with him a couple times,down to earth willing to B/S with any &everybody!:) you forget that he is famous-untill someone ask for autograph.
    third. who is Bob? & are you sure that is a sweater? or is he hairy like my little brother??{big foot's little brother}:eek:

9. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

especially if Huge {the burger}King is involved!

10. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

Hopefully they leave the drama for the biker shows

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think all anyone is saying is that we car loving viewers have lost faith in TV to turn out a show that isn't drama laden and just goofy. Even the shows that started out ok somehow end up going into the toilet once the "Hollywood Producers" get involved. The first few shows of Operation Repo were actually ok , and then they started staging repossessions with Dwarfs, Transvestites, and people beating the hell out of each other.

I guess we don't understand how TV works and what makes a sucessful show. Probably 90% of the people who tune in would lose interest pretty fast if the show was based solely on actual fabrication and car related subject matter. They want to see the arguing, balloon rides, pranks, and all that sort of stupid stuff, or the shows that are on week after week would not be there.

But I'm sure we will all watch and hope that maybe one show will actually be watchable. The only one I personally think is ok right now is PassTIme.

Don

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. I hope they don't use the same narrator who did monster garage. That guys voice is a dick dropper.

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

PassTime is a great show. There are quite a few that I actually enjoy watching.. Hot Rod TV, PowerBlock, My Classic Car (although they could do without Mr. Mustache) and a few others.. But it'll be nice to finally be able to watch people put together traditional rides on TV. Especially when those people are our own.

Viva la A.S.S.

14. all this show will be is a drama filled spoiled cry-baby i want it my way or im going home spoof that you might occasionally see some work being done to a car

i cant believe they are gonna give him another show i hope he doesnt drag A.S.S down with him

i wonder how many episodes will have kat von james in it giving tats to people

15. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

Kool hope it works out

16. slammed

slammed

[​IMG]

17. Well there's always the Oprah network. Hear they're lookin for viewers!:p
    Makes Discovery seem more palatable. Drama or not Discovery has a formula that seems to work at the moment. Then again Jersey Shores is popular so no accounting for taste.

Then again "accounting" is the key word.$$$$$$$$

Another auto related show is one less show with women sitting around bitching about weight and discussing shoes, handbags and the latest diet fad.:rolleyes:

It's TV folks, don't confuse it with reality. They're trying to sell SOMETHING!;)

18. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Jesse is the man;

hmmm... midgets & balloon rides; sounds like it's gonna be a good show... LOL j/k

19. farmer12

farmer12

Hope it all works out! Maybe they'll air it here in Europe in ten years time......

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

It's a modern"Our Gang" Remake!

Who is play'in Darla?

21. Hard to diss on it without ever seeing it. Even harder to hate on somebody for having a TV show...how many of the internet haters would be dick blowing Jesse in person right now to have their car appear on the show.

I think the show will be great for bringing new money into the hotrod scene.

I've been a skateboarder for over 20 years now, and I've seen it go from nothing to the crazy money making industry that is now today. Tonnes of "hardcores" hate on the commercializing of it...similar to the hotrod world I guess.

But the bottom line is, money makes the world go round and stuff costs money. If these guys see some of that dough and get to finance their lifestyles of having cool hotrods and fucking the dog on TV all day...awesome for them. Doesn't make them any less cool, or sellouts...makes them smart for getting that PAPER!!

MAKE MONEY MONEY!!

22. Jesse James? Who's that?

23. solid

solid

I'm sure i will watch, and re-watch every episode. He is a outstanding fabricator, and pretty dang funny. It's worth the watch for bobs cars alone.

24. yup I will be watching :)

25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Can't believe there is anyone left who actually likes JJ and will watch anything with him in it.

26. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Wow, talk about totally clueless...

27. billylo

billylo

I can't wait .... Jesse has some cool vision and all the A.S.S. guys know how to build some killer cars. I look for it to be a hit!

28. slowmotion

slowmotion

Man ain't that the truth. The build-off shows were pretty good until this asshat decided it should be about him. No thanks. Chopper King? Yea..OK.....sure..

Hope the new show flys. As soon as it turns into a dead-line drama fest, w/cat fights, pissin' contests, I'm gone.

The potential is there for a great show, if it stays about the build & fab.

29. brady1929

brady1929

looking forward to it

30. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I think your missing the point. I'm not sure I can speak for everyone but maybe. I think the show sounds cool, it's just that other shows like this end up not being about building cars or bikes. I know I don't need to see another show with the employees going out riding go-karts, shoot birds, test razors, spackle walls, play video games, fish, go visit their grandmothers, etc, etc,etc. I wanna watch Jesse make shit. From what I've seen and heard the guys at A.S.S. are great at what they do as well. I think everyone would just like to see them doing what they do. Not all that other crap. Hopefully, doing what they do will generate enough ratings to sell Pepsi, Taco Bell, and Budwieser so we don't end up with another OCC. I think we're all hoping for the best but at the same time fearing the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.