Register now to get rid of these ads!

New dash in for the Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedaddict, Apr 4, 2006.

1. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Here's a couple pics of the new dash my friend made 2 days before The Lonestar Roundup. Now that the Roundup is over, we're going to cut the ends off and make it wrap around into the doors thanks to an idea that evilfordcoupe gave. We used a 50 Olds dash I got from Flat-top here on the hamb. Thanks BOB!!

Ignore the gauges and air ride computer under the dash. I'm going to disconnect the gauges when I get the Olds gauges going. The last picture I took after Flyrite's Open House I took the car up to Lago Vista for couple of pics at sundown. More pics on by clickin on my sig.

OPINIONS PLEASE. Let me know what you guys think!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

3. Radshit

Radshit

I like it!....very simple and clean......you hit it....

4. Squablow

Squablow

Honestly? I dig the gauge cluster and the steering wheel, but the dash is really plain looking, needs more detail. And that steering column is ugly and bulky/plastic-y. I would swap out the column for something thin and steel, move the ignition switch up onto the dash, and add something to the blank space on the dash. Even if it was just a simple trim piece that went from one side to another, or a fancy radio grille and glovebox door, like from a 53-54 Chev, or anything else.

I really dig this car but I've gotta be brutally honest, since you asked.

5. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

it's nice to see some of my parts on that bitch/n custom.

6. 53chieftian

53chieftian

Dude, that car kicks ass! Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but when did it turn yellow? I like it and had to steel pic # 56 for a desktop!

7. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

The column is getting changed. That was my view also. On the blank side of the dash will have stainless in the shape of the gauge cluster and will be a glove box. Thanks for the opinion.

The car changed to yellow last year right after roundup.

8. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

How about a couple more of the clock bezels with gauges in 'em?That would look cool.Great car!

9. 53chieftian

53chieftian

Now thats a good idea!

10. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Don't add a bunch of doo-dads. . . the outside of the car is all about clean shapes . . I think the dash should be as well. I think it looks great the way it is . . . and wrapping the ends onto the doors will be the thing that grabs your eye.

Nice to see new pictures of that car. . .

11. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I know what it will look like when finished, and it will be perfect for your car!!!

Its come such a long way from when I first saw it. The crappy work the original guy had done has been re-done correctly. Its one of my favorite cars.

12. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Thomas, in sitting in your car on Saturday,I'm so pumped about your wrap onto the door idea! That will pull the interior together. So glad you ditched the Nascar style dash. Know get in line for Sean!!!

13. HotRodHeb

HotRodHeb

I love that car!

The dash does need something else on it to add some interest to it.