Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Daily Driver... Another Fridge Cab

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Picked this up today.. Gonna be my daily.. I'm really excited about it but it has a few bugs to work out first..
    It's a 59 Custom Cab with a 390 and a C6..

Attached Files:

2. TinShed

TinShed

Nice, I picked up a 57 about 2 weeks ago to do the same. Not as nice as yours but it will be a cool driver when I get the bugs worked out and the snow melts.

3. Awesome man, glad you went through with this. Last time we talked you sounded un-sure if you were getting this. :) cool!

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

3 Thumbs up! I just got rid of one. Had a 351C and a C6. I love those trucks and will be looking for another one soon. Great motor/tranny combo.

5. That will make a great driver!

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

very nice. I need a truck.

7. Thanks all. One of the bugs is a heat soak problem with the starter I think.. It starts ok when its cold but I stopped to get gas yesterday and went to leave and it wouldn't start. I ordered some heat wrapping for the starter, any one got any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. Nice truck!

Had the same problem with a Chevy pick-up starter. Turned out to be a worn bushing! I would just replace the starter if it were mine.

9. Thanks.. I might just do that if the heat shielding doesn't work.. Here's a couple interior shots.. It has all aftermarket gauges but i think I might put the stock ones from my 58 in there.

Attached Files:

10. H3O

H3O

looks good...now it just needs some bigger tires...those look too short in the back...check the solenoid...i had the same issue with mine and changed it out, haven't had an issue since...just a possibility...

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

cool truck.

just noticed your location, my grand parents live in Myrtle Creek. never been there, but they say they live "by the dairy queen" ?

12. Yeah i thought the tires were a little short too.. They're 60's so it think i'll go with a 70 instead when i wear these down a bit.. Thanks for the tip on the solenoid too. I just happen to have a brand new one out in the shop..

13. yeah you're not missing much.. That's why I live out of town :D

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Fantastic looking truck. Congrats!

15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Nice truck!

X2 on the solenoid.

16. Ok starting to think it's not the heat.. Problem only seems to happen when I get gas.. I just did a hot start on it and it fired up just fine... Now I'm really confused..

17. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

check all your grounds. I had a "starter" problem and one of my grounds was loose. Fixed it right up!

18. I started a thread about the problem and someone suggested a dirty tank and that seems to make sense so I'll start there.. Here's an engine shot.. I still need to dig up more on the motor but the block code is C8ME, heads are C1AE, and Intake is C4SE, so i've got a '68 block, '61 heads, and a '64 Intake manifold other than that i'm still looking for info.. I'm gonna clean up those Mercury valve covers hopefully this weekend.

Attached Files:

19. another Pic and a funny story.. The truck didn't have seat belts when i got it so I went to the junk yard to hunt down some that would work.. The side trim on the hood is missing as you can tell as well.. So i find a suitable donor for the lap belts (a '70 F250) and i'm wrestling with the stuck bolts for about half an hour.. I pause to take a breather and shout obsceneties, then hang my head over the bed of the 80's ford right next to me.. When I look up I see a totally straight hood from a '59 sitting in the bed of it.. Guess whats on there and in very useable condition.. It was like a sign or something :)

Attached Files:

20. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

I like your taste. :cool: I've got the rear trim rings and some peep mirrors on mine since this photo.

[​IMG]

21. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Great find, & on St. Pats day too. Would that be the luck of the Irish?

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

awesome luck. i love finds like that. did you ever get those bolts you were cussing at unstuck?

23. Yeah I got the bastards out finally.. So now I have seat belts in there for me and my two boys..

24. hasty

hasty

Thats a nice truck

25. Thanks.. It definately needs a little work but it's a damn good start.. first off i need to take a pedal out.. Whoever converted it to a C6 left the clutch pedal in there so I have to drive it with with both of my feet on the right side of the steering column.. This weekend I'm gonna put the brake over where the clutch went and remove a pedal..

26. Got the emblems cleaned up and on.. She got her first bath too!:D

Attached Files:

27. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

looks pretty straight!