Register now to get rid of these ads!

New customer project.FUN ONE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ted Kempgens, May 11, 2007.

1. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Building this replica for a customer. Will be done in Fireball Roberts colors as the one he drove at Daytona. Comments welcome Ted

Attached Files:

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

is that one of the cars that Whitey Clayton did the metal work on?

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Thats Pretty Cool.

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

That is going to be SO COOL Ted, the 'Poor Boys' are gonna have a one-of-a-kind HotRod in our stable.

Is it going to be powered by a 312?

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Was that car called the "BattleBird"?

Very cool project.

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The reason I ask is a fella up here built a replica of that car..I sold him a STOUT 312 ....about 400-450 hp loaded with all kinds of speed internals....
    (man.that was a dumb move)...but hey....I needed the $$ for my deuce!

7. haring

haring

Somewhere around here, I have a great old illustration of modified Thunderbirds tearing around the sand of Daytona.

8. BigRed390

BigRed390

Looks nice!!!

9. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Thanks for the replys, The cars were called the Battlebirds, to my understanding there were only 4 built. Fireball drove one to a 5th place finish at Daytona in 1959 in the 6 hour race on the road coarse. His daughter Pam has sent a picture from that race and we are planning to take the car to a vintage race there and recreate that picture some 50 years later. Anybody with any knowledge of these cars please respond as I would like make this as correct as possible. Hey Roger nice try I thank you for your offer, AS it was the best offer I've had today. Thanks again for the replys, Will keep you updated Ted

10. Gator

Gator

11. The Battlebird makes me happy :)

12. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

I cant wait to see this start comming together. It was good to meet ya last week. BY far one of the coolest places i went to on my trip!

13. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i want to come over to help...thats a cool ride..we really are going to have a great colection,a nail head,hemi's,battlebird,and all the coolcars in the group!!! rooster

14. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

I'm with rooster if you want a hand just give me a call. that would be fun to work on.

15. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Way kool project Ted. Definitely a little different and very interesting.

If you ever need a hand with it (which I'm sure you have it in total control though) just let me know, I'm only 15 to 20 minutes up the road. Hell I might just come by anyway for immoral support.

Somehow though, I think this car should have a super hero to go with it.....say like "Chicken Man" or something.
    Her he comes to save the day,.. Chicken Man,...cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck ...he's everywhere, he's everywhere!
    Thundering to the scene to save those who are in no danger!
    Able to leap red and white buckets in a single bound!

Get me a chicken suit and a flowing cape and I will wear it while driving the "Battle Bird" down the road. I'll even pull it into a cruise-in like that. ....Unless you want to do it instead. Hell we can both have chicken suits and jump out of the car together!:eek:

Oh well, time for my meds again.

16. Chickenman? Pfft, I know have a reason to get my toucan costume out of moth balls...

I don't know why I mixed up my toucan outfit with my moth costume, but it's probably secondary to why I have them in the forst place.

Gotta go, the nurse is calling again.

It's your call Ted, chickens or toucans.

17. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

and don't even ask..... i don't have no rooster costume,but if ya want ted i do have a rooster hat and would put it on for a spin in that battle bird..............you guys are killing me...lol rooster

18. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Great project Ted! Can't wait to see it come together. I've got a bit of experience with injection, so get with me and we can get her fired when you're ready.

I'm sure Skip will be glad to help with that Bird, he's a Bird expert! Aren't ya Skip? ;)

19. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

You have a moth costume???? kooool....that's way cooler than my "no see'ums" suit. I only wear it when I want to be really annoying.:D

20. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Yes I have some experience with Birds and I have a small one extended for you John right now. The Bird you are refering to though is not a real bird but a fiberglass T-turd.

P.S. There will be a marshmallow roast at my shop. Bring your own respirators, it will be a very hot and toxic fire.:eek:

21. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

This looks like one very cool project. I'm looking forward to seeing this one done.