Register now to get rid of these ads!

New, curious guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RodsKid, Nov 24, 2020.

1. RodsKid

RodsKid

Hello, I'm new to doing any thread stuff. I came across H.A.M.B. after getting my hagerty magazine with the story of TROG and the hot rod issue. There was a picture of t.c.m.a.a. and I started doing some research.
    I currently own a 53 Chevy 3600, a 58 tr3, I'm rebuilding a 59 el Camino, and am getting plans under way to build an early 30s model A hot rod with my dad.
    Guess that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

54’Mopar89 likes this.
  2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, welcome. Glad to have you. If you haven't already done so, you should read the regulations. It saves a lot of crap that will get dumped on you by some of the members. A lot of thin skinned new guys take offense and never come back. There is a ton of information on this site and the Ford Barn which is another forum running under the Jalopy Journal flag and there is no such thing as a dumb question. If there was, I would have been run out of here long ago.

3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado.

4. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Yep welcome from Indiana. Sounds like you have the right mix of vehicles! Enjoy your H.A.M.B. time. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. RodsKid

RodsKid

Thanks, I wasn't sure I was even doing this right. I don't even know what a thread is. I've always been fascinated by classic cars and drag racing. After reading about the race of gentlemen, it inspired me to build a model a hot rod with my dad in hopes to race it some day. It seemed like this was a good place to start.
    I've also had trouble finding parts for my el Camino. Maybe this place could help with that too. Look forward to figuring this out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.