Register now to get rid of these ads!

new cruiser.. '63 bird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, Jun 8, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho

bought this '63 bird on monday, i drove it home tonight!!..its real clean,,inside and out,the thing runs awsome and has tons of power,new brakes and all new ball joints,hidin' cd player,power everthing,dual glasspacks,,drives like a dream..i have ordered supremes and skinnys,and a full airide set up..gotta get this 'bird sittin' pinchwelds..red paint is faded might try and rub it out,,or will paint it at work.no body damage or rust on the whole car,,even the interior is great!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

looks bitchin', just scuff it up and flake the fuck out of it instead of rubbing it out though!

3. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

4. Muttley

Muttley

5. 133

that's a real nice T-Bird. i'd love to see that laid out with some Astros/skinny whites. good luck with the progress

6. Nice Rocket!

Wish I had started with one that nice to start with.

So how many of you are building Bulletbirds?

7. KCsledz

KCsledz

Love those 60's birds!

8. haring

haring

Very nice.

When I bought my Falcon, the paint looked like a chalkboard. I polished it out by hand. Two days of some good old fashioned hard work, and $10 worth of material, and it looked great. Get the suspension done first. Concntrate on one thing at a time.

Buff out the red and then take your time dreaming up the ultimate paint job. Prep is everything, so you don't want to rush that just to have a rushed flake job.

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Cool looking car, nice score.

10. poncho

poncho

thanks haring,,i paint cars for a living,,so the urge to shoot this thing is strong,,!!!!

11. Donzie

Donzie

Great looking car!
    I know you didn't ask for my oppinion but I'll give it to you anyway.
    I'd lower it and leave the wires and narrow whites. Everyone is jumping on the "Supreme" bandwagon. They look great and I've considered them myself but I'd love to have a set of Skylark wires on my custom.
    Remove a little trim if you're gonna do a repaint. How about reshooting the red and adding silver 'flake roof?

12. Conrats. Nice score!

13. Mojo

Mojo

Man, I love those so much! My GF is looking for a nice one, to use as a daily driver. I think she digs them even more than me. I saw a sweet little white one the other day, man those cars are so much smaller than they look. It was cool, here was this space ship sitting in a parking lot surounded by a bunch of rounded-off boxes with wheels. There's been a lot of change in automotive design in the past 40 years, and it hasn't always been for the best. Gorgeous Bird, congrats on the score!

14. poncho

poncho

DONZIE thanks for the photoshop,,any suggestions or opinions are welcome,,i cant wait to get going on this thing!!!

15. spudz

spudz

yeah man these cars rule. I got it before i even had my permit so I was like 14? anywho I am 19 almost 20 now. I drove it for a year, blew the motor, installed junk yard motor and never buttoned things up. Just hadn't got the interest I had. lol BUT I still love this ol beast. BTW hook me up with your old wheels....