Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Classic Car Place in NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kreepea_1, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Less than a mile from my driveway. Antique Cars & Engines will be opening soon in Jacksonville, NC. It's located on Hwy 17. Traveling north coming from Wilmington it's 1 mile on the left past the last traffic light (Piney Green Rd light) leaving J'ville. Traveling south from New Bern it's on the right 1 mile before the first traffic light (Pinney Green Rd. light) entering J'ville. Running late for work Thursday I saw the banner and dropped in for quick look inside the building and I saw a dozen or so '30s-'50's engines on stands, a supercharged '57 chevy, a mild custom '53 Ford, a '33 Rolls Royce (owner tired of it and wants $15K), and '20's-30's industrial engines. I got the impression from Keith my tour guide :) that A.C.E. will probably be more of a trading post for engines and cars rather than a repair/hot rod business. According to Keith plans include hosting car-related events on the premises. I stopped by today to get the full skinny from the owner and take some pictures but they were closed. All I got were these outside shots. I'll try again Monday.

Attached Files:

2. 31whitey

31whitey

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

pretty cool idea....

kinda a swapmeet thing...

3. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Thats cool. Hope it becomes a good resource for you guys!

4. hotdamn

hotdamn

we gotta place kinda like that in concord, right outside of charlotte.
    But they are kinda snooty and a little too street roddish for my taste...

helluva cool idea though.

keep us posted!

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Keep us posted. I am in Myrtle Beach. Things are kinda lame except in March for the RUN TO THE SUN event. Other than that it is 11 months of car polishers and not builders in the area. I am sure that there are some but if so they are few and far between. I am looking for someone to shake it up.

6. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Heading down that way in March, hope to take a look. Is there anything like that around Myrtle Beach?

7. Hope they make a go of it. Times are tough. Disposable income( i.e. fun money ) is in short supply.