Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. hevychevy

hevychevy

Why I joined....I didn't see the point in spending $200 for one wide white wall tire and got to thinking that i could somehow make em myself using the tires i have on my 63 chevy. did a search on the internet for suggestions and came across the most amazing and informative video, posted by Jeff here on this site. I couldn't stop smiling and realized I was finally where I belonged. I didn't know places like this existed and am extremely excited. I also decided to join because the local boys who hobby in customs have a closed group and won't open it to a girl, not even when i've approached them trying to learn. I got a sense that this was a place where learning is encouraged, respect is a MUST, and gender is not an issue

Tiffani

2. guiseart

guiseart

wow - good head on your shoulders as well, welcome.

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

You.. Have chosen wisely.

Welcome! We LIKE girls! I mean girls are welcome here! I mean... Umm

Come on in and get comfortable... wait.

Howdy!

4. This post is worthless without pics! We need pics of your car, your whitewall job and you in that order!

Welcome aboard. Cool to see the other gender here....my wife doesn't know where oil goes let alone trying to make her own whitewalls!!!!!!!!

5. swimeasy

swimeasy

Sounds like the "local boys" are a bunch of dumbasses!

6. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Welcome aboard! I would love to see pictures of your 63 Chevy! I have a few 62 Chevy's myself. I always wanted a 63 Chevy just never had the chance to get one. Glad you are here!

7. doliak

doliak

ever make it to any runs in the black hills? if you do you should look me up.

8. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from CSA! (The south!)

9. 57ChevyWagon

57ChevyWagon
    from SD, CA

WELCOME TO THE H.A.M.B. HC!

My mom had a 1963 Chevrolet Impala when I was a little kid in 1965, her's was a 4dr with a 327 V8 and a 2 spd Powerglide trans, That car screamed and hauled A$$!

Looking foward to seeing some pics of your ride and chicks are COOL!:cool:

10. welcome from ms.

11. hevychevy

hevychevy

very cool...you all are. yes, of course pics!! there's a pic of me in my profile. I got my chevy in August, drove two days down to Missouri to pick it up. Found it on the internet for sale and thought sumthin was wrong with it cuz the price was $3500. turns out, the lady just didn't realize what it was worth!

pics are from when i picked it up that morning! I've never been happier in my entire life, I still go look outside first thing every morning to glance at it and then smile, i'm a succa for these old cars.

Whats been done to my lil blue a.k.a 63' impala 4dr hardtop, obviously not original: 350 (that took awhile to figure out finding engine codes and such!), 3spd automatic...immediately replaced tires, fluids, shocks, still need to do the coil over springs. Never even changed oil in a car let alone knew what was going on under the hood, but i was and still am adamant about doing it myself, i figure i may look and sound like an idiot but we all start somewhere!

Example: one day while driving, antifreeze started spewing onto the carpet, no idea what was happening, asked around, concluded it was the heater core, no idea what they even looked like or the exact location in the car, but ordered one from the local auto parts store, when it came in you should've seen the look on my face, here's this core and I'm looking under the hood trying to make a match. Learned after process of elimination that something must've been covering it. got in under the hood, literally whole body, and starting taking stuff apart then under the dash. I GOT IT, my dad talked me thru (on phone) how to flush the radiator, and I got a brand new heater core that only took 10 hours to replace and no fenders had to come off!! Yes, I'm proud.

sorry so long!
    maybe some tips on how to post pics... as you can tell I ended up doing a seperate post for each picture :p

12. hevychevy

hevychevy

13. hevychevy

hevychevy

14. hevychevy

hevychevy

15. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Neat car. I always liked the '63's. The 283s in them wore like granite and sipped the gas for a big car.

My wife is from Chamberlain, SD and her brother was a derrick monkey in Gillette when they were busy pumping up there in the early '80's. There was a pretty active night life up near the rigs. :D The Black Hills are a real treat. Needles Drive, and the highway from Spearfish all the way down to Nebraska is a must see at least once.

16. hevychevy

hevychevy

the 4dr hardtop is awesome. rolling down all the windows and having no pillars just makes it look sharp when your cruzin! had a 350 in my 74' impala in high school, so wasn't bummed when I learned it was a 350 in this impala. plan on rebuilding the engine at some point, but definitely not before i get the body work done, cuz if your car rusts away, it don't matter what you got under the hood!

17. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

welcome from the south

18. swimeasy

swimeasy

Yes, you did real good for 3,500 bucks! Sweet ride!

19. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB! I love your car.

20. 52 csb

52 csb

Great intro Tiffany ,Welcome from N.F.L.D....Keep up your good work. 52 csb

21. Old Bowtie

Old Bowtie
    from South,TX

Had one just liker back in high school.
    welcome to the board from south TEXAS.
    Good luck with her.

22. Still need pics of the www job and you,lol.

23. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Welcome from Ky, sounds like you got it goin on............:D

24. 57ChevyWagon

57ChevyWagon
    from SD, CA

Yep. looks exactly like my mom's back in the day except 327 V8 & a PG 2spd.

Nice and clean HC, congrats on your Chevy score.;)

25. hevychevy

hevychevy

haven't done the www job yet and view my profile for a picture of me, hey, where's everyone elses pictures? i'm here for the cars though, so it don't matter!

26. hevychevy

hevychevy

You all are some cool characters in my book, glad that others dig my ride as much as i do, makes a girl feel good! don't get that where I'm from, the local boys that are into cars hate chevys, including mine, i don't discriminate when it comes to cars, I either like it or I don't, regardless of the 'brand'!

27. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Don't let those local knucleheads cramp your style. Obviously they are some narrow minded guys. Continue doing what you are doing. Learn as much as you can. Read the car magazines. Read the tech articles as well as looking at the great paint and interior shots. You sound like a perfect candidate for being a student at Wyotech unless you've already plotted out your future employment. Congrats on the heater core changeout. With that kind of enthusiasm and fearlessness, those local guys will soon be coming to you for car related advice......Don.

28. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

A '63 Chevy is a blank canvas to be anything you want, and a 4 dr hardtop is really cool. I had a '65 Impala 4-door hardtop in high school, white with a red interior. That was a neat car. I have ran mostly Ford through the years, but I'm like you I don't discriminate on makes. They are all good if they are still going up the road. I have a '65 Galaxie with a lot of work in. Folks look at it and love or hate it. The cops hate it because it will out run them and their radios. :D

Welcome to our world here, its the best people here you will find on the web. Really cool is there are so many rodders here, that you will almost guaranteed meet some of them in person. I am looking forward to getting up to St Louis and meeting some HAMBers around.

Read up on the Alliance, you get a dash tag for your car that identifies you as an Alliance Member, a great ice breaker when you run into a fellow HAMB member.

29. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Wow nice car. Do you have a bass boat? Do you make little light biscuits or big ole catheads? My kind of girl.

30. nexxussian

nexxussian

Welcome from Alaska. Nice ride.

My first heater core went faster, but then I wasn't being anywhere near as brave as you at the time.