Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Chapter of Blacktop Butchers CC. (Maybe)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopbutcher, Jun 21, 2007.

1. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Well I am new to the Northern California. I live in San Ramon and work in San Jose at Gambino Kustoms. I have been wanting to contribute and meet more people within the kustom and hot rod world that I now reside in. I have been thinking of possibly prospecting for one of the local car clubs that would have my disfunctional self or start another chapter of the car club I allready belong to in Northern California. So I am wanna see if there is any interest in a new chapter of the Blacktop Butchers in the area.
    Some of the premises behind the club are

1964 and Older traditional KUSTOM cars and hot rods.
    No politics
    No dues
    Must actively contribute to the clubs activities.

It all started as a anti car club, car club.
    Sick of talking about doing things and never doing them.
    Just a group of like minded individuals that like hanging together wrenching and going to shows. Thats about it.

If there is no interest I will move on. If there is then maybe we will see where it can go.

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

good luck steve theres alot of good pepole up here with killer cars you should have no problema getting this off the ground good luck

3. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

DO IT - Start a club - create roots out there for yourself ... and NEVER look back. Just make sure they arent wanna bees and are the real thing with this chapter...I know you have it in you and you can get a good club off the ground....

Sometimes I miss having a club with guys who think/are like me. My current club never does anything any more. Bums me out. I need more gearhead wrenchnuts to hang around.
    We miss you not being in MA anymore but Im sure Alex is treating you right.

4. I didn't know it was still active here in Mass.

5. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Active would probably be a stretch- Steve was the one doing everything and the one with the brains behind the whole club - maybe 'dormant'; might be a better word?! ;)

6. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Yeah it is definately dorment at the moment. It was hard out there because no one wanted to do anything together at all. We had a couple of guys that always hung out together anyways so we stayed the core of the club. I currently want to pass the Mass chapter onto some one that would do something with it. You interested 56Kustom. Kinda would like to see the club go some where in Mass.

7. I'll give it some thought if anyone is interested in this area.I recently joined the Kustom Kings of New Hampshire.

8. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Steve- why not just MOVE the chapter? Some of your members out here dont even have traditional rides any more. (Unless you count a Camaro as traditional...LOL)

Dont give up something so easily that you worked so hard to get.

The Kustom Kings are cool too 56Kustom- one of my guys is a member of them.

9. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

I definately would not give up my baby so easy. I do know that Larry has the same love for tradtional cars that I do. I just love to see the club grow instead of having it move to a different state. Keeping tradtional cars only in the club is and always be a priority though.

I will be back in Mass in september. I will have to stop by and see how you guys are doing.

10. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

You BETTER come by....:cool: I should be here all month-PM me if you kow when - maybe that'll be the time Ill have my Open House- you can be my celebrity guest!

11. brewsir

brewsir

I always liked that name....very cool.

12. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Thanks, unfortunately I can not take credit for the name. The club was started in Kansas and that chapter no longer exsist.

13. Who?

14. Jimv

Jimv

I was a member of the BTB when steve first started it in this area, i even had some plaques made where i worked!!
    Hes a great guy & runs a club at a very laid back pace.
    Unfortunently we where really far away from his area & hooking up was a problem.
    if anyone wants a good friend get a club started & hang out with him, hes a good guy & loves his cars!!
    JimV
    PS you going to be here for the alterboys show in sept?

15. kustomdeluxe

kustomdeluxe

Actually it started in Colorado.
    Longmont, Co to be precise. Can’t remember exact year but late 90’s. My brother and I created the name. Our buddy Josh drew the image and we created the original crossed clever plaques.
    The image and name have been copied over and over.