Register now to get rid of these ads!

New car, 60's look, who's building it???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoprag, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Shoprag

Shoprag

Driving my wife to work this morning and seen a car that looked like a 60's custom. It had small fins on front fenders that came all the way down to the bumper, it also had small fins down the rear fenders. The car was a convertible with 60's style square headlights.

Just wondering if any one seen one of these or has any details about the car.
    I tried to search for it but no luck as of yet.

2. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

3. Shoprag

Shoprag

No, the fins were on the top side of the fender. It had bigger tires in the rear also so it had that muscle car look to boot.

It's hard to describe, I seen the square headlight and the fins as it passed buy and my wife said it was convertible the top did look soft, unless they're viynling the tops solid. It was just hard to get all the details when it passes in front of you at about 50 LOL.

4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

And it was a brand new car?

5. Primer Gray

Primer Gray

60's style square headlights? Didn't think those existed as sealed beam lights until 76 or so...

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

7. 65 Chrysler New Yorkers and 300s and some earlier Imperials had plastic covers over the headlights and the fenders where kinda knife-edge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Squablow

Squablow

He's talking about a new production car, not something old. I'd REALLY like to know what this car is and see a pic of it.

9. [​IMG]
    Something like this? It's an Avanti...

10. Shoprag

Shoprag

That's more of what it looked like but the wheel base looked longer and the nose had more of a swoop downward look.

11. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Sounds like something new Cadillac maybe, they've got that hard-edge style right now.

12. sounds kinda like bill hines & tranny john salsmon are back on their way home from their trip.