Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Cacklefest web site

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

2. I read this post at the same time I got an Email from Ron Johnson with the same link..... :) I checked out my favorite fueler....the S&H Red Stamp Special !

Thank you !

3. CyberWalt

CyberWalt
    from Reno, NV

Well, I was posting about Cacklefest.com over on the front engine dragster thread as this one was being created. Between Ron Johnson footing the bill and Don Ewald's creative talents, it's going to be a must view web site for anyone who loves these diggers. I drove/wrenched/owned a few diggers back in the mid 60s. CHRR & NHRR are on my list every year.

Walter Huff aka CyberWalt

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Today I spent a couple of hours on the Cacklefest site. It's already a good resource that a lot of people are going have fun on.

I always enjoy looking at Tom Hanna's car. If any of you haven't seen it yet, you'll be amazed.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

5. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Cool site, can't wait to see more pics.....

Just for the interest here in New Zealand we have a "cackle fest" at one of our biggest car culture events the Beach Hop www.beachhop.co.nz ,last year there were eight nostalgia dragsters fired up (and driven)in the middle of the main street of Whangamata a small seaside town on the Coromandel peninsula. The township has a population of less than 10,000 that swells to 70,000 spectators and nearly 2000 50s, 60s and hotrod cars for a week in April. The Beach Hop is a rock'n'roll festival that attracts international attension with bands and cars from Australia, hotrods and personalities from America-last year we had Foose's Speedbird and Ron Whiteside's Riddler Award winning '34 Coupe as well as Mothers promo cars. Check out the website for pics. :)

6. 97

Leon,
    I keep telling Noddy,

It would be a real Cacklefest if we had some Nitro to put in Nasty's tank. (and the others)
    hehe
    Chop ,Chop, You only have 100 days to Beach Hop, get that body on the chassis and get up here . I'll probably be down for Madness weekend.

7. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Leon - we should PAY you to be our promoter :D Ya did a great job - but Whanga's pop is only 4000 - usually....

97 - Nasty DID tip the can in 2004 from what I remember..... Now, where can we find some more?

BTW - we call ours the "Crackle Fest" not the "Cackle Fest" so we don't breach copyright PC bullshit etc etc.

We need more Nostalgia Dragsters at the Festival - Pins/Uttinger new FED? Baloo? Any others we can bribe?

Noddy

8. HotrodBoy

HotrodBoy

Ahh I thought it was about 4-5000 but couldnt quite remember knew it was less than 10- to be safe.

I had such an awesome time a the hop last year so I like spreading the word (world wide!) about Beach Hop.

Can only think of two FEDs in the south that would be suitable for the Crackle Fest -Brian Normans and Craig Griffith from Motueka(Nelson)-think he still has a charged FED.Edit 3, there is a neat little steel bodied topolino that races at ruapuna-baby blue with a mr horsepower woodpecker on it.-more what about the "Nitro Flashback"Vega....