Register now to get rid of these ads!

New but not new

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by oldshadetrEE, Aug 3, 2020.

1. oldshadetrEE

oldshadetrEE

Just joined the H.A.M.B.! looking for information on my 65 Chevy C10 and its parts. Can't find the engine ID # (F0920TPT - the TPT is what I can't figure out) or casting number (3994256) on any place online so far...any help is appreciated.
    New post from an old(er) guy...

2. @squirrel seems to always have answer for questions like this.
    Welcome to the HAMB.
    Phil

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

thanks for the pointer Phil

it's a six cylinder casting number....and the three letter suffix code means 1970 or later, and having it start with T means it's likely at truck engine.

The book says 71-72 truck 250 engine.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. oldshadetrEE

oldshadetrEE

Thanks pprather and Squirrel for the welcome and for the information. Interesting that it's not the original 1965 engine, but that happens. I just replaced the water pump after flushing the cooling system and when I bought the pump I used the 1965 designation at the parts store and it fits fine. I have a lot of questions about this fleetside, long bed pickup. From what I can tell from the previous owner and the title I'm the 4th owner in 55 years. It spent much of the past 10+ years sitting in East Texas collecting lots of debris from trees and such so the flat parts of the body have some degraded paint. Lots of frame rust and some body rust, but I have seen much worse. I'll post a picture or two when I get a chance.

pprather likes this.
  6. oldshadetrEE

oldshadetrEE

Any advice or source for finding a rebuildable 292 I6 for my truck? I found one that the seller wants $500 for an engine that has been sitting for years, supposedly came from an RV. Seems like a high price for a hunk of iron that the owner has never seen run. Engine stamp says F0116THU and C4V308348 with a block casting number of 328578. Thoughts/sources?