Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. primered_69

primered_69

Two years ago my Dad passed away while we were trying to build a 1969 Chevy truck, so I am going to finish it in late sixties "period style" to represent my early childhood and earliest experiences around hot rods. I have been lurking for quite awhile and have not found the exact answers I seek so I decided to join.
    I know the truck is late traditional at best but it is what I have now. I am also on the lookout for a 1959 Ford truck with a stepside.

While my Dad was strickly hot rod I have always leaned towards a custom bent in looks. I want to do a mild custom with shaved handles and moulding. I got a custom louvered tailgate that my uncle ran in the early seventies on his Chevy truck. I want to do other mods to give it a custom flair but want it to be very tasteful. I love louvers so the hood will be louvered but I need to find a way to divert water from getting on the engine. I also want to do something to change the lighting outback possibly intergrating some sixities/seventies lights.

Right now I have the body off the chasis and I am totally rebuilding it and lowering it. I am looking for an I6 250 to run mulitple cards or one quad. It is currently running some turbines that were also on my uncles truck in the seventies.

I want it to incorporate the late sixties-early seventies period but in a non lowrider/ shag carpet gaudy look.

As a new boot I know some will flame me for the year truck I am building but that is okay. i am amazed at the wisdom here and will accept flames as well as advice. I wish my Dad was still here to help me hit the mark I have set for the truck but he is not. SO I will be asking some of you experts on this stuff because I am not one.

Thanks,
    michael

P.S. Primered_69 is because the truck is in working status with parts from about 5 different trucks and multiple body mods on the way. I am not some OSR Ratrod man.

2. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome to the board Primered 69 you have come to the right place sit back and learn a LOT OF good info ALSO MEET GOOD NEW FRIENDS

3. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

Welcome to the HAMB. Nuthin' wrong with working on the '69, like you say you start with what you've got. Sorry to hear you've lost your Dad, I'm sure you'll build something that would have made him proud. Hang in there.