Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs New Book - Creative Industries of Detroit: The Untold Story of Detroit's Secret Concept Car Builder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69hurstsc, Mar 23, 2016.

1. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

[​IMG]

Very few people know of or have heard of Creative Industries of Detroit. Leon Dixon is the ONLY author qualified to tell this story, and tell it he does. I can't tell you how many people he's interviewed for this project that are in their 90's. And the photos...Wow. Almost all the imagery for this book has never been seen in the public before. The Packard Panther? Check. Prototype shots of the Dodge Daytona? Check. Dwight Eisenhower's Limosine? Covered like it's never been covered before with behind the scenes imagery of it's development.

There are very few stories that haven't been regertated time and time again in the history of the American automobile. This story has never been told, and it will change your understanding on who was the most important sub-contractor in American automotive design history. Due out in fall 2016.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This should be a great book! I'd like to see something on all of the others, too, including the race car shops. Gary

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

4. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Great link, thanks for posting. A lot of good history there and another title to add to my wish list for more.

Ed