Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Beach Hop Project Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beach Hop, Aug 2, 2005.

1. woodbox

woodbox

Evening 55olds88,
    Ihave young uns too and my middle boy drives me nuts wanting to know every thing about the 27T Im building and my 2yr old is happy to spend all day in the workshop with me too.
    Yes we are having a swap on the 18th sept at old AFFCO buildings on Rewarewa road. See you there!

2. 55olds88

55olds88

You just might.......

3. flatoz

flatoz

any photo update?

4. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

No photo updates yet..... Still working on a plan - thanks to those who have given us some ideas!

Apart from catching up with Marty from the "Chrome Spanners"/"Black Snapper" at the Palmy Swapmeet, I also made some good contacts with parts for the project car. I have a louvered bonnet coming up from Invercargill in exchange for the steering wheel and air cleaner. Plus some leads on a drivers door......

The roof has to stay on this sucker, so we are toying with the idea of making it into a 4 door pillarless - anyone know anything about doing this? Naturally we will need a set of '58 "Sports Sedan" door - any contacts?

Lots of great news brewing about Beach Hop 06....... will keep you posted!

Noddy

5. It was real nice meeting up with you at Palmy, Noddy. That's a groovy Falcon you're driving.

6. 55olds88

55olds88

Noddy,
    Pissed I can't find the pics of the one that was on here the other week, one of the Euro guys had done a real nice job on a 4 dr pillar it looked real sweet........ if I find it I will send it on.

7. Great morning it was at Pukekohe Hot Rod Club's breakfast with about 25 or so cars turning up. The swap meet was quite neat too!

8. You could do this -I did.......Hi -Rockt98 -you mates comin back to Elmer Mo for parts again?? Kenny

Attached Files:

9. Rckt98

Rckt98

Hey Kenny,they are planning another trip next year and I am hoping to go as well but will probably have to take the wife this time, so won't be so old car focused as last years trip. Won't be near Elmer this time[hell, one visit to Elmer in a lifetime is probably enough, the mayor bought us all sodas last visit, so I guess there isn't much more to see]

10. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Cheers Marty! The Falcon is a 63 Sprint now running a 302 and 4 speed. You just can't beat 3 pedals...... I use it every day and it is stored under the stars. We were planning on bringing down the BH04 Falcon convert - this car has had a ton of work on it. Now runs a showpiece 302/C4/8", new chrome smoothies, whitewalls etc. We fired it up the weekend before Palmy and took it for a skid - literally. Opps! we now have a problem......

55Olds88 - make sure you hunt through the HAMB/ your PC and hunt down that Euro built 58 Chev!

Choprods - would that make it a 58 El Camino? Hell that thing looks bitchin'! But I'm not too sure what the owners would say if we did that to it.....

11. 55olds88

55olds88

12. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

I think it doesn't really need that much, it's already a kool kar...

I'd maybe chop the top a small bit, I'd actually just leave it...

Hmm... maybe drop a bit, or put it on baggs, that way it can ride high, or scrape yer' knuckles...

Flat black would be kool, maybe some flames, too...

Red or black steelies with caps, maybe some old Halibrand's would work on it...

Either way, it's already kool enough for me, but it's your ride...

Good luck on it!!!

Later.

Troy.

13. Yeah -Beach Hop-thats what it is titled in Missouri as...58 El Camino! only one here!