Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Banger block in the works.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58custom, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'm one.

I P.M. you my info and I haven't heard from you yet.

2. me too on the aluminum
    and did you post the video to you tube or are you sending picks
    thanks
    tk

3. realsteel1934

realsteel1934
    from usa

I too will be a customer for some blocks both cast iron and aluminum.Keep up the great work and let me know when they will be on the market.If Snyders is the distributor thats fine with me as I have been doing busness with the family for over 40 years.
    Kevin

4. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Rather than PM, it would work if those interested would email me at tlb427351 at yahoo dot com. That way I don't have to log in, copy and paste the email addresses and go to my email and compose a message. I can just return emails.

I'm a little busy right now tearing a spindle drive motor out of one of my horizontals to eliminate it as a problem with my spindle drive. What a pain! Going to cost thousands to eliminate it as a problem. I actually hope it has a problem so I haven't torn it out for nothing!

Tod

5. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Bad choice of heroes!

Tod

6. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Casting free to me. I will not charge you for the casting, but just wait until the machining bill arrives!!! :cool:

Tod

XXL__ likes this.
  7. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

I want Snyder's as my main, if not only outlet, simply because they are right down the road, and I go there at least once a week with machined parts. They have been a good and loyal customer, and have helped me beyond words with getting my whole business up and running. You just HAVE to help people who help you. My iron foundry is the same. Trumbull Metal Specialties. Corey Jarvis, the owner is a Model A and all-around car guy so he loves this stuff. He has helped with all my other projects and we will be pouring aluminum there as soon as I get my furnace into his plant and hooked up.

Tod

8. I saw the block at the foundry last week and it is a three main engine.

Looks great!

9. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Turkey, you'll have to take a run down to Salem sometime and we can meet. I've heard of you but never had time to look into your location. Do you do any business with Snyder's?

Tod

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  10. Ok maybe we can just refer to you King SH&T then!!

11. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

"You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me RayJay, or you can call me RJ…"

j-jock likes this.
  12. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

I also do some other engine stuff, as some of you might know,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VICsoa_5-98&feature=share&list=UUb-AQ6WAjcksumZz52bzvVg

That build by Barry was featured in Modified Mustangs and Fords, and a block was seen in Extreme Fords down under, in Aus.

FE guys know me from the Genesis work and when I was 50% owner of Robert Pond Motorsports. Yeah, I like to make stuff.

I will post a video of the pour on Youtube when I can.

Tod

13. Tod,

I am a member of the Ford Barn and some your engine is gaining a lot of interest with the stock crowd. Some of those guys are not members of the HAMB and were wondering if you would start posting about this engine on that site. This way they could ask questions about it as well.

thanks,

Mike

14. 12 Spoke

12 Spoke

15. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is a picture of the first pour:

[​IMG]

Smjacob likes this.
  16. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

That picture is a few hours after the pour and over at Trumbull Metal Specialties' Federal St. plant, where we weighed it and the owner looked it over for the first time. That's Corey's hand blurred in the picture. He owns his grandfather's restored Model A. I will be starting on the machining very soon but with all I have going on I can't say for sure how soon I can have something ready to build. Kevin Prus Jr. is coming to the shop tomorrow and we will discuss finish machining and building of the first few.

Tod

17. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I"m in for one or two aluminum blocks !

18. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Good going.....

WACCUSTOMS.COM
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Looks like I'll be needing to know how much to ship a couple or more to the UK then! Might work out cheaper to have them in aluminium...

20. 427 -

Anything that you post up here just adds fuel to the fire for the rest of us. By the time this is in production I will really be interested.

21. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Awesome! UK. Was hoping the European market would need some. Hopefully, more than 2 though!

Tod

22. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

RR, then you are going to LOVE the video I'll put on Youtube of the first pour.

Tod

23. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Youtube video of the first sample pour.

Please read my opening comments for more understanding of what I did here.

http://youtu.be/KMYwpHBElMs

Tod

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Nice video. Thanks

25. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Love it!!!! Thanks for the continued support on this thread.

26. hardtimesainit

hardtimesainit

Hey Tod,
    I'm in agreement with hotrod, i.e.- ALUMINUM five main to B sizes , that is 2" mains and 1.875 rods. This is , IMO, the ultimate $ getter from my account:) ! Think...BBBBBBBBB, stock outside look for those who care about that, but strength inside IS WHAT ALL CARE ABOUT !!

Food for thot: If you can make a 'reasonable' priced 5 main crank to go with block...IMO, you will corner the market !

27. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

I thought there was a crank out there already.

Tod

28. 427-

You are sooo right I do love that. As a one time metal shop teacher in the 70's I loved to work in the foundry. I'm so impressed with your capabilities, this will be a great product and if you are already hooked up with Snyder's I bet you'll sell a lot of them. Keep posting your progress for the rest of us. I'd like to see the machining operations too.

Also, as an aside, do you have a link to your Cleveland (and other) project(s)?

29. 427designer

427designer
    from Ohio

Here is an aluminum block dyno test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VICsoa_5-98&feature=share&list=UUb-AQ6WAjcksumZz52bzvVg

This is one of the very first castings. The intakes were changed and it raised HP to just under 600 HP. Another aluminum engine is running in a drag Mustang making 650 HP.

Tod