Register now to get rid of these ads!

new at pinstriping. yay or nay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickles street chop shop, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Actually,most books and videos on Pinstriping
    would be make good pallets,or kindling.

2. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

I prefer the long smooth strokes, and so does my room-mate! No, seriously, strive to be smoother and less "choppy". you'll be glad you did;...and so will a lotta other folks too!

..thinking about remote viewing as a hobby.

3. cadillactramp

cadillactramp

better than mine. mine come out shitty.

4. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

YA!
    Looking good...the best I can do is pull a line.
    I like the one on thw right the best !:cool:

5. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I will also not give a yay or a nay to this. I have been doodling ( mostly at our hour long boring work meetings) and found out that simpler is better. It is very easy to get carried away and keep laying lines with the hopes it will turn out better but the 6-12 lines on a simple design normally turn out better than the elaborate ones. I personally like the 4 or 5 liners in the corner of a panel. this of course is just an opinion from my experience. Like they said, just practice and you will get it.

The second pic of the three aint too bad.:)

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I can't draw stripes on paper worth a damn, but with a brush I am achieving some marginal success. Once you lay down your starting lines then move back and forth, as you add lines the design starts to "present" itself, or at least it does for me.

The "tribal" title fits what you have done pretty well, not bad or good, just different. As you have seen, some like it some don't.

Right after I started playing at striping I got the same advise about longer and smoother lines ( not bad advise, buy the way ). What amused me was after I got better and smoother someone PMed me and said they liked my stuff but really liked my older straighter lined ones better. lol. Ya can't please everyone.

One of the best bits of advise I got from someone on here was if you are right handed always lay the left hand line first, that way you can see it when you do the right one. Opposite if your a lefty.

Good luck and PRACTICE!

GV