Register now to get rid of these ads!

new anti rat rod rules in the classifieds...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by hotdamn, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Car terms are always missed used by those without knowledge of a given field of car interest. My opinion is that anything can be hot rodded but it doesn't make it a traditional hot rod or custom. I've heard tri-five Chevy's called Street Rods which their not. It's always the missed informed who think they know everything about modified cars.

I don't like the term "Rat Rod" it's like a white guy using the "N" word which blacks find offensive.

I'm glad the HAMB is after the miss use of the classifieds on this site. Now, if we can get rid of the asses who jump all over new guys without trying to steer them in the right direction.

See my attach photo taken on the back of a nicely finished high dollar Street Rod, now this is really miss using a bad term in the wrong place or maybe not. :D

CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]

2. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I think that term was either started by Dennis Gag, (gag me with a spoon) or Hot Rod TV.

3. Cruiser

Cruiser

It was coined by a magazine writer, does anyone know who he is? :eek:

CRUISER :cool:

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

These posts always go the same way. It's tiring. We don't want to talk about rat rods here and here we are again, talking about them.

People just want to post, they don't want to read. All the answers to these questions are posted throughout the place.

If anyone REALLY cares to know what the editorial drive is here, all they have to do is use the tools to read all the posts by Ryan. Simple.

I know some of you guys built your image around RR's and all I can say is "Sorry you jumped the latest passing fad." There's no way it would last.

When it really gets right down to it, the editors will remove whatever they see fit to keep the editorial focus on track. It's what they do by the very definition of their title.

Now if some of the people gluing, screwing, and tattooing crap all over their cars could do a little editing we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Again.

5. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

after reading this entire thread, I think I have a better idea of what "traditional" is---i've been doing this since the 50's and would tell you that a lot of the stuff that went on back then would not have passed muster on the HAMB. Not because it wasn't safe, but because it was an attempt to modernize, improve, move ahead---call it want you want, we
    moved on from banger motors to OHV V8s, ad infinitum. I think I will avoid these kinds of threads from now on.

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

Modernising in the '50s was different than it is today.

Why?

Because its seperated by about half a century for a start...

I think that might be best...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.