Register now to get rid of these ads!

new '55 gasser pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stlouisgasser, Dec 31, 2005.

1. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Here's a photo I snapped in the garage earlier today. Picked up this B&M supercharger earlier this week but with the carbs on it, it looks a little too tall and I really don't want to cut on the original Kellison Fiberglass front clip to make it fit. That's an original Scott Super Slot that I set on top just for the photo opp. Looks like I'm just going back to the regular Holley and manifold for now. City officials think my neighborhood is going to make a nice Lowe's Hardware and a new grocery store so they're gonna raze my house with the threat of eminent domain. I'll just have to get this car back together for now, pack up and move and figure out the blower situation later. Heartbreaking, cuz' I really wanted to have some positive manifold pressure fun this summer!

Attached Files:

2. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Damn that is Badass..

Jonney

3. sean72

sean72

Any more pics??? Damn nice gasser!

Sean

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

How about lowering the motor in the frame some. looks like it sits pretty high, that way you can use the blower and carbs..

5. jimdillon

jimdillon

That really looks great- you probably have a good point on the front end-it can only be original once I quess-even normally aspirated with that setback and suspension it is going to make one bad gasser.

6. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

WOW!! Very nice! I noticed you have a steering stableizer on there...where can I get one?

Bernie

7. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Actually the motor is pretty close heightwise to where it should be and can't be mounted any lower due to oil pan clearance. Thanks for the idea though. My big project this winter was to replace the TH400 with a Richmond 5-speed and put the aluminum heads on the motor to make life a little easier on the transverse leaf spring. Here's another photo from late in the summer.

Attached Files:

8. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

That steering stabilizer was on the car when I got it, apparently put on by one of the more recent owners. I really don't like the way it looks on the car and I intend to remove it and see how the car does without it when the proper amount of caster is is in the front axle. Looks to much like a 4WD off-road part to me.

9. Tony

Tony

Ok, enough with the damn "teaser" pics!
    I want a full shot of it now! :)

Looks like it's set up as a REAL gasser from what i'm seeing..not just a look-a-like built only for the street ride...
    How much set back are you running on that motor?

10. Dig the car, dig the scoop!

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Looks like a lot of work paying off big time, love it and need to see it in the lane next to me at the hamb drags this summer.................:cool:

12. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

nice man! its so clean, you could eat off the engine. nice choice for the scoop

13. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

That looks great.
    Sorry to hear about your property being taken by the city though. I thought that it could not be considered the "domain" of the city if a private bussiness was to be erected on the site though. Maybe just Texas...
    Car is looking good though. It might just be me, but I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of gassers here on the hamb in 06..

14. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Here's a photo of the whole car. Pretty sure I posted it before, but for those who haven't see it, here it is. Thanks for the comments. The car will be at the HAMB drags in 2006 and I would love to see a great turnout of Gassers. I know for a fact that there will be ALOT of St. Louis cars in Joplin@2006.

Attached Files:

15. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Thats the real deal right there!

Awesome ride....

16. jangleguy

jangleguy

Lookin' good, man! The aluminum headed big block/5-speed sounds like a riot, too! Would be great to see you run that Scott injector on the blower (and remember, nothing's forever when it comes to fiberglass - pretty easy stuff to change)...Hope to see it at the HAMB drags.....

17. ray

ray
    from colorado

be a man, butcher the 'glass! it's MADE to have a hole in it.

18. tomslik

tomslik

well, you KNOW where I stand....;)

19. fatassbuick

fatassbuick