Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features New 392 hemi blocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

There will always be a hard core group that will never change and a next generation that will pick up on it and carry on. I am one of those guy's that have realized a new Mustang can be as fast as the early fuelers and Funny cars but the coolness of the early hemi's is top priority over performance . I like them more than the 426's. I have seven early hemi's and had a Donovan 417 that I waited for years to obtain, I have flathead's, W motor's, nailheads, 454's, etc. and will until I am no longer on this earth. My son inlaw has picked up on it and is now hard core too. Just look at this forum with all of the young guys building flathead's knowing there are higher performance options. It is the same with us guys into early drag racing. We just liked the way it was and the look and feel. I guarantee that if the guys with the same passion making these engine's get this done even if they have to go dormant for a while, I and my son inlaw will buy one or more. There are a few guys on this forum that are putting the early hemi's in their hotrods but there are a lot more outside of here more into early drag racing and hotrods after 1964 that are building and waiting for finances to build. Some of us are more into an early era not limited to 64 but have a later cutoff to suit us and don't have the luxury of a forum yet. You can't go by the path nostalgia drag racing has gone. Building cars for the street is more affordable and more useful. Time will tell.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. banjorear

banjorear

I agree with you. Just hard to deny the performance modern tech is affording modern motors.

That said, I would never consider a LS, SBC, etc. in my hot rods. I just built an AV8 with a 292 flathead that gives me smiles for miles. Can I go faster with a different motor? Sure could. Would I want to or be interested? Not at this time.

Everything has its place. IMHO, a LS does not belong in an old time hot rod. Your mileage my vary...

3. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Thanks Nick, only reason I haven't gotten with you on assembling engine yet is I was holding out hope for a block like this. I may have no choice but to use the old 92 block

402BOSSMAN likes this.
  4. SS327

SS327

Another shattered dream.

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Walmart , Amazon etc. are billionaires off of impatient people that want it now. Patience gets the prize.

6. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Agreed, only my patience is running out of patience... I've had a badass set of heads and top of the top valve train just sitting for a few years now. I've been doing body and chassis to buy more time but it's almost time to assemble

rod1 and 402BOSSMAN like this.
  7. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Met Claude today at Famoso, there's still hope! Lol