Register now to get rid of these ads!

New 32 Ford 5 window steel bodys!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuceroger, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

Oh yeah. 32 ford COUPE, " ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME " .

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Have you checked the value of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar lately Sherlock ? :D :p

3. 22k for a chinese body. 18k for rusted, real henry. 20k for body work using chinese patch panels. Does the SOUL in the real Henry start talking with the accent of the 80 yr. old chinese foundry worker? If you complain about the profits companies make in this hobby maybe you should find one you can afford. Those who complain about the price of things they can't afford lack the ambition to bring their standard of living up to where they can.

4. Yep. Obviously never drank one of our beer......

5. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

Since the jobs for making these 32 bodys are in China, then it is only right that for every body imported one Chinese immigrant family should be deported back to China to make these bodys. Fuck the Traitor bastard guy importing these . I would rather have a Model A coupe now.

6. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

The CL add states Wescott used the body for a mold for his 5 window . Wescott has never offered a glass 5 window that I know of........

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Oh yeah, I know,... but you have to admit,.... It was a loooong time coming,.. Eh? :cool::D

8. Even if the dies are extremely acurate the metallurgy is where my concern would be. I've seen enough of chinese vises that crack in two when hammered on, poor quality tools and other products etc. Like it or not the phrase "made in china" brings thoughts of poor quality to mind quicker than "Lear Jet" & "Rolls Royce" make folks think of high quality. While individual parts would surely be welcome to repair some of Henrys bodies, I'd hate to be the guy trying to sell a completed 5 window trying to explain away the chinese body. I listen to guys on here bust each others balls that if you have a Brookville or a glass body you don't really own a deuce. I can't wait for the threads to start on the first chinese cars to be completed. (popcorn cooking, LOL)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I woulld like to see you or anyone try and buy only american made products in todays time......It would be a very quick way to Go completely Broke! and You would not have much that is for sure.....What brand TV do you own?...Doesn't matter US does not make a TV......Or a computer!.....If you will buy Your kids toys, bikes, electronics from china, Why not a china made deuce?.....If it weren't for The "traitors" as you call them Like walmart and most every other business in america, You just as well get you a horse and buggy and live like the amish.....
    On another Note......A new 5 window bothers me a bit because It will most likely hurt the value Of the 3 real 5 windows that I own....But oh well I did not plan on selling them anyhow..LOL

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Another good reason to be pissed... a 22K repop will just inflate the prices of old metal more. For the next few years all the old tin will get jacked up in price. And personally, I do care about how much the mark up is. There is a big difference between a hand made item, 1 of 1 and something mass produced with 2 dollar a day labor. Sure folks complain about Walmart, but they are probably working on 5 percent markup, not 1000. And the reason Walmart buys overseas and we buy frm them is that some of our wonderful politicians (mostly the conservatives, eh?) cut all the import duties. Then all our beloved American companies closed shops, set up mfg overseas (to include actually shipping all the machinery from their old plants overseas, too) so they could in turn reap / rape us with cheap stuff sold at inflated prices. The net is that we loose jobs, the companies make windfall profits, and the rest of us suffer with paying taxes to support the unempolyed, the homeless and the sick. Gary

11. Muttley

Muttley

This thread just wouldnt be complete without the Liberace Belly Tank.

[​IMG]

12. uncle buck

uncle buck

I am not aware of a 5w 32 made by them either. I think The guy selling it misunderstood its history when he bought it. The body in the ad was purchased by him from the Wesxott family as far as I know though.

13. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

It is anyway a reproduction. That way thinking it is just a big aftermarket spare part and could be used to replace bad original body.
    There are not enough decent Henrys left for people who want one. My opinion is that it does not lessen anybody's original car value. Maybe just the worst pile of junk does not worth a fortune. Those may fall back where they were ten years ago.
    What comes to US jobs I wonder how is this new product cutting anybodys job if that has not existed before.
    I think it will be an addition of work opportunities for the other parts makers and people doing these to complete cars.

14. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

Yes I know everything is made in Red China; At least we have choice here:
    Built by Americans for Americans and the rest of the Freedom Loving Democracies.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Take a look at this photo; Brookville 3 Window Body proper $24 K

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attached Files:

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

How about the majority of oil that the US uses...it doesnt come from the Middle East......These bodies might do ok...arent all the Camaro bodies stamped out in China? Doesnt really matter to me I will never have 20 + g's to spend on anything car related!!

16. Some of you guys kill me.

I mean, I love the HAMB and have been a member for years and have contributed in any way I can. But seriously, some of you cats need to open your eyes.

Lets see......

The cars we love are 75 years old !!

This is 2010 !!

Big Govt, no matter where you are - are fucking leeches and parasites. History just repeats itself. Only the technology has changed.

We live in a GLOBAL economy - like or not. I don't but am a realist too. It IS what it IS.

Supply, demand and costs dictate in manufucaturing.

And, for those of you who put Henry on the top of their list, you can bet if HE could have made the original bodies for nada outside of the USA back in 1932 he probably would have. He was a genius but a notiorious tight ass....hell he wanted a V8 without waterpumps or even an oil pump, I think you get the point.

Business now, as it was in 1932 is about MAKING MONEY.

One other thing - Im sure you guys know hot rods/rodding are'nt an exclusively American pastime as some guys on here seem to think. If a real good Aussie built steel 5W was made Down Under for a decent price, would you not buy it because it was made in Oz?

Yes its IS our Govts that have sold our manuf sectors out to India/China. But it is also global competitive pressures that have contributed to the problem, amongst a bunch of other nasty things.

Right now the biggest problem wil are facing right now are unsympathetic Govts jumping onto tree hugging bandwagons with Carbon Taxes/ Emissions schemes that could wipe us out.

Im my view THAT is more important than if the Taiwanese build a steel 5W. Its antiquated thinking like that that leaves you vulnerable.

Just be thankful someone is putting their balls on the line to provide another option to us. IF you don't like it, don't buy it or go and build a better one yourselves.

How many hot rodders/racers run Eagle/Cat/Scat rods and Scat/Eagle Cranks or a number of other well known/branded Chinese parts in vintage looking engines over there. GASP !!

Or more to the point, how many of the guys back in the day would have jumped at the chance to be able to build a mondo cubed FH for the street or lakes ??

Hell I can tell you up until not long ago a lot of shit was being made HERE and shipped to you guys in some VERY well known brand name packaging. Dampers, roller rockers, valve springs, timing chains, you name it.

And as someone else said - some of you should travel OS and experience first hand what is happening.

Think about it.

Rat

17. Well said.

18. deerchooper

deerchooper

made in china and priced as if it was made here at home.

i worked at a stamping plant for 7 years before they closed, we made 11.25 per hr,10 guys for both press's. mid 80's ford van floor pans, we could stamp out 1200 in a 8 hr shift, that was as fast as the press could go. do the math, thats really cheap after you have the dies and material. dies of that size would run around $100,000+ easy each. theres not much to that ford and they are going to make a killing once they hit the market.

19. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> … What is an ‘Online Troll’?

… Wikipedia defines "trolls" as "someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." Don't be baited by trolls. It's not worth your time. Simply put, "Please Don't Feed the Trolls."

20. troylee

troylee

I could see if it was 10 k but it sounds like it will be the same price as a Brookville. I will aways buy US prouducts when I can. Brookville for me. Im still holding out for a real 32 to come my way.

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

Your Ugly,... ah,.. and your mother dresses you funny !!!!
    ( I really don't mean that,... the Troll made me do it,... Sorry)

[​IMG]

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

Does anybody know if Speedway, is actually selling any of there African built Deuce Roadster's ?

23. Rat bastard summed it all up well. Here's the deal...

Brookville makes a fine product. Look at one up close and it's obvious. That said $25k is a lot of cash to most people, not to mention the cost of chopping, window regulators, trim, whatever. And... it's still a repro even if it's steel.

Personally, if I'm gonna build a repro or "fake" I'm taking the easy way out. The Australian's are making glass 32's in any style you want - sedan, 3 window, 5 window, roadster, whatever. They have all the right proportions and body lines and even have swing out windshields, drip rail mouldings and crank windows if you want them. They don't scream "glass car" from 50ft away. The bodies are laser straight and when you shut the doors they close with a solid "click". You can buy one delivered to your door for $10k chopped and ready to paint and no child labor was involved. Add a clean chassis and some cool vintage power and your good to go.

You can drive it a few years and have as much fun as anyone else and when your done with it you can sell it off and get most of your money, if not all, and build something else. What's wrong with that?

50 - 100 grand to me is not Hot Rodding any more. Now your into "elitist" territory. Which is fine but thats what it is. I have a steel 32 although it's a Fordor. If I build another 32 I'm going that route and having fun.

24. Good one, Made me spew my coffee out.:D

25. When I first walked up to the United Pacific booth I thought the 5 window was a sport coupe. I was kinda taken back seeing the unfinished 5 window at first. I have been building 32's all my life,and have to say the panels are dead on. The drip rails are rolled and look like originals.The quarters are nice as well as the door skins.I stayed talking with the owner for a while asking questions about the body.He did tell me he wont be selling kits anytime soon, but will sell quarter panels from around 700 -1000 dollars each.He was looking for a U.S hotrod company to build the 5 window and he would donate a body. Im glad I already own at least one of every coupe that was made in 32. I do want to see the finished product though. From what I have seen and what I have been told by the owner it should be a dead on 5 window. As far as quality of the metal????

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I find it very interesting that nobody ever says a word about pricing on stuff like this.
    It seems like every time some rare part is reproduced it is priced just under were good used or nos ones are selling.
    Not at a fare price were there makin a decent profit…..no its gotta be max profit.
    97’s……………………………….400
    Eddie Meyer heads……………….. 1 to 2 grand
    H&H blowers …………………….8 grand
    Arduns……………………………..14 grand
    3 windows………………………….26 grand
    Yes I know tooling costs…….but at a point its paid and the part is very cheap to make…..how much profit is in each 32 roadster body they pump out now? Id bet 80 percent easy.

27. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

You could drop a Mexican ZZ-4 Chevy motor in your Chinese Duece and head on down to the show. Seems to me that when someone hands you a pile of shit everytime you put your hand out then you come to expect shit from them. Perception and reality have started to merge. These bodies may be the cats ass in quality and construction but we just don't expect that to be the case.

28. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Just wait!
    When China foecloses on our debt, they will have factories on our shores to sell locally rather than ship.
    Then you can by Chinese American made.

29. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Including the computers we are all using right now.:rolleyes:

30. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

22K ?....that leaves me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.