Register now to get rid of these ads!

New 1949 Chrysler Windsor owner

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Raceandoval, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Raceandoval

Raceandoval

Any direction on identifying the engine and leads on parts will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to reading up on some good posts here.

2. Raceandoval, welcome from Kansas City. Can you give us a little more of an introduction? We just want to know who you are, give us a name...your history/background in the hobby/culture and your plans for your '49.

Lots of old Mopar guys around to give good advice (have a '49 myself).

3. Raceandoval

Raceandoval

Oh absolutely, my name is Ray Sandoval and this is actually only my second project car so I'm pretty new. The first was a '57 Chevy pickup small window. That was partially done and sold about 15 years ago, but I stumbled on this '49 that really looked straight. I immediately saw Rat Rod with it. I'm pretty sure that's where I'm headed with it. I'm bringing it home this weekend and excited to start workin on stripping and cleaning it up. One item that is bugging me right off the bat is finding a replacement reverse lens on the license plate frame... I need to get into the engine and identify what I actually have. I just know its a Spitfire 6 Fluid Drive. It's been sitting since 1979.

4. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

This is a traditional hot rod forum and "rat rod" is not a welcome term here. Hopefully we can convince you to go in a more traditional direction.

5. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome from South Ga

6. Raceandoval

Raceandoval

As I said, I'm new here and seeking direction. Not trying to offend anybody garvinzoom.