Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Never Forget 9/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Sep 11, 2009.

1. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

And God bless the parents who worry every second of every hour of every day while their sons and daughers are away.

2. pdc

pdc

God Bless all our Troops, Heros, Firefighters, and Police. We will never forget.

3. shainerman

shainerman

God bless America, us all, and keep us safe. My prayers will always be for safety of my family, our country, and our communities.

4. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Awesome...!! have a great weekend principal, you deserve it !
    Keep the sensitivity and honesty going, your school children will remember that about you, and your school ...forever. America really needs more like you Banjo.

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As soon as I woke this a.m. it was on my mind, I remember it all vividly, unfortunately.

My nephew, 1/6 Marines, Iraq AND Afghanistan.

Attached Files:

• thom.JPG
      thom.JPG
      File size:
      155.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. I won't forget for two reasons.

1) The attack of course
    2) I was on the table having open heart surgery

I will never forget either.

7. Copy Cop

Copy Cop

wow 8 years already? i was getting ready for senior year american gov class when the first plane hit and on my way to school when the second hit, still remember it clear today as it just happend.

8. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

I too was in High School and I was so shaken up about the whole thing I never even went to class I remember just sitting at home watching the news coverage all day. Politics and opinions don't matter today. What really matters today is that NO ONE forgets the thousands of lives lost and the millions of lives forever changed!

9. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Wow Beep....what a reminder ...glad you made it through

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

standing on a trading floor, watching the second tower fall live. had 4 traders in the from NYC office that day. surreal. never forget.

11. I was a junior in college. I woke up and saw a thing on the AOL main page about a plane hitting the tower. I turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit. I remember thinking it must've been the Timothy McVeigh type. I was pretty beside myself and decided to just head to class.

I always like to say that we should remember 9/12 also. I always remember the togetherness all around. People being friendly and courteous to one another. It's a shame that mind set only lasted a short few weeks.

12. fordman

fordman
    from Wylie, TX

This is a great thread.

As for what I was doing. I was the first one to work that day so I was turning on the lights and PCs when a employee came in and asked if I heard that a plane hit. We ran around trying to set up a TV. Then trying to get reception, and with a snow filled black and white we watched the second plane hit. Oh and I forgot to mention the only channel we could get was a Spanish station. I dont speak Spanish. I am originally from North east Jersey I grew you with the NY skyline. I loved to go to the twin towers to take pictures from the visitor section. we would take the Path over or ferry. I moved away one year before this happen.

Very sad day
    It will never be forgotten By me :(

13. Old61

Old61
    from PA

Let's also remember the air traffic controllers that had our airspace locked down tighter then a crabs ass in less then 90 mins. NO it was not our military.

14. That morning I got on the computer to get air tickets for a Sept 18 meeting at my company's New York offices (E 9th and Broadway). I had just been in NYC two weeks before, on vacation with my wife for her birthday. We went to the WTC and took some clowning-around photos there. I still have the book I bought at the WTC Borders August 27. I saw the results of the first crash, and yelled at Kim to turn on the TV. We witnessed the second one live.

I don't know anyone personally who was killed in the attack, but have a lot of friends in NY who live south of 13th St who were displaced. One of my friends, Dennis Beezley, was a broker for Glen Rauch Securities and was three blocks away when it happened. As a broker he was close with many people at Cantor Fitzgerald. In the months after 911 he attended over 20 funerals and memorial services.

God bless all who those who lost their lives that day, in New York and Washington and Shanksville PA. God bless the men and women of the armed services who have prevented another one from happening.

15. NITMARE

NITMARE

I was in my first year of junior college still living with my pops and I was in bed cause I had a late class. My dad came into my room and woke me and turned my TV on and said "hey, wake up. One of the Twin Towers just got hit by a plane you need to watch this"....and we sat there and watched the coverage for the next hour in total shock. I remember watching the first tower drop and feeling overwhelmed with sadness and anger.

I now live in my first house (been in apartments for years) and I put my American flag up this morning that I just bought a week ago and it was one of those simple but powerful proud moments in life.

My hat goes off to those that died today 8 years ago today and to those still fighting the good fight. I have 2 cousins and a brother in law that are active duty Marines and I am proud to call them family.

16. Sean

Sean

I will never forget as we found out the next day that one of my wife's dear friends had rushed the cockpit on flight 93. His name was Mark.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

We go through our daily lives and often forget about the things we do on a day to day basis. I would have to think about what I ate for dinner 2 days ago, but I could tell you exactly where I was when I heard about 9/11, 8 years later. I was a senior in high school, and I was sick that day with the flu. Mom woke me up in the morning, I told her I wasn't feeling well, and I was staying in. She went to work and I laid in bed watching the morning news. They broke the story and the second plane hit during the live coverage. It didn't seem real. Me and my GF at the time had just been to NYC 3 weeks earlier and took pics of the Towers from the Empire State building observation deck. Now they were gone... it was a lot to take in.

Mom can tell me where she was when JFK was shot, even though she was 9. Every generation seems to have that defining moment

18. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Make sure to teach your kids about 9/11!

19. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I was 9 when JFK got shot too. Mom picked me up from school and she was crying.

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I, too, remember where I was, not only on 9-11, but the day of the death of JFK, the two Space Shuttle crashes, and the day I witnessed the last atomic bomb explosion that was conducted by the U.S. above ground.
    All are forever imbedded into my mind. All are somewhat the same and somewhat different.
    I was working the morning of 9-11 down by LAX airport in Los Angeles.
    The awfulness of the morning was added by the uncanny wierdness of being exactly under the landing approach area of all aircraft coming into LAX and not seeing or hearing one jet...nothing. Dead silence. At LAX.
    When my photo shoot was cancelled because of the news, I drove home in morning L.A. traffic, and another weird thing happened.
    Most all drivers on that long commute to get home that morning had the same looks on their faces. Bleak. Stark, Listening to their car radios. Blank looks. Everyone around me looked like they were almost lifeless with expressions to match.
    Every mile or so, someone would pull up next to me at a traffic light and they would be obviously listening to music on a CD and they would be singing along and kind of rocking out to their music.....all the while having no idea what was unfolding in our Nation.
    It was so very strange to have this one occasional driver having so much fun with their favorite music, while being surrounded by the rest of us who were blank, fearful, and devastated.

21. Dirk35

Dirk35

Good advice.

If you havent been to the memorial at ground zero, you should try to make it. Its heartbreaking.

22. johnnykck

johnnykck

Never forget, God bless the U.S.A.

23. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

I'll never forget that day and what happened. It's my mother's birthday and my best friend just graduated from Marine boot camp today! Thanks to all the men and women serving in the military who risk their lives everyday to keep us safe.

24. lucky53

lucky53

All gave some. Some gave all.
    Never Forget!!!!
    God bless America!!!
    Amen

25. I was at work, and somebody came in and I sadi,"After WW2 a B-25 crashed into the Empire State Building. Probably something like that. That airspace is pretty crowded." The radio said a commuter plane crashed into the building. Commuter planes are much smaller here in flyover land....When the second plane hit, I figured it out. I'll never forget. Three years after I took a class on forensic dentistry, the guy teaching was one of the people that worked there....my blood boiled....I will NEVER forget.

If any body here is a firefighter,cop, soldier, sailor, marine or veteran, THANKS! I'm going to hoist a brew to you at the bar right now .

Here's to freedom and the Unidtes States of America!

26. Good thread. I was working for a major commercial airline based in Houston at the time. Went in early to see if I could help...it was pretty tense trying to account for all the planes we had literally sat down in some of the most unlikely places.

Never forget.

27. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some people in our country are too fast to want to get along. not in my house. my My first company 1st Sgt had a sign over his desk at fuller air field it said it all 1# my men 2# my country 3# my family
    4# my orders 5# there blood first.

28. MotoVintage

MotoVintage

Was on my way to work when I heard abought the first plane, my dad was on a flight to St. Louis and was in the air when it happened, thanks you fellow patriots for remembering today and posting your thoughts, it's still hard to cope with for me, our way of life was forever changed.

29. This thread is really only about two things.

Those who died.

Those who have dedicated themselves to protect the rest of us.

God bless them both.

Only in the greatest nation on earth.........

30. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Being from NY I will never forget that day and all who lost their lives. I was at many funerals.