Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Never Ending Hop Up Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Felipe Toltecatl, Oct 20, 2016.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Assuming that they are cast steel, preheat to 250 degrees and weld them out with E7018.

2. I would try it out, myself. I've never had or seen a tractor overheat. The Ns were 120 ci and don't rev past 1500 rpm so the load can be enormous. If you do have issues, it wouldn't be hard to resell. There are still many Ns that still see daily use and there is also a huge following with collectors. Of course I don't know if you're in an agricultural area or not and that's an important consideration.

Felipe Toltecatl likes this.
  3. IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0154.JPG
    pretty stock banger, the grill is pretty open..

4. A Boner

A Boner

Nice little sprinter you have there!
    What about with the hood top off.....thinking if that is better, some louvers would probably help.

2tall2beahotrodder likes this.
  5. Yes lot's of farms down here and N's are the tractor of choice for the smaller ones.

6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

That looks like it fits great! Could even go up a touch to make the hoses line up. And 9N rad caps are cool looking.

7. No pics to post but I trimmed some more of the lower firewall so I could move the body closer to the motor. Looks MUCH better! I even managed to get a couple body mount bolts in before I ran out of daylight. Just need to finish bolting the body down and make my floor before I send it out for bodywork. Then I want try painting it myself.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Guess I know what radiator I can use if I ever get around to my T build. Lookin good!

9. That's a very interesting looking Truck Bed. It looks hand built. I must have missed where it came into the mix, don't know how that happened. Being your still in the make it fit and look right and it's not mounted is it to late to add a fill piece on the front edge so it matches up to the Body panel? In stock form there was one on the 26-27's and sure adds a nice finish to them.
    The Wizzard

10. I may make a filler piece for it.

11. Well somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse so this project has gone on down the road. Thanks for hanging in there with me y'all. On to the next build!

rjgideon, Texas36 and rjones35 like this.
  12. :(
    Okay, what’s next?;)

13. No idea but it's still swap meet season so.....

brEad likes this.
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That happens...a lot! On to better things!

15. Flameded

Flameded

Oh man.. just finished this thread. :(

Any chance the next owner might post progress pics?..

Thanks.
    T

17. rjones35

rjones35

Something will pop up.