Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Never Ending Hop Up Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Felipe Toltecatl, Oct 20, 2016.

1. So far I've been sticking to my original vision but I'm not above tweeking it as it comes together. It's a real T frame and with that in mind I really need to keep it as light as possible. It will have maybe 50 hp with a hopped up Model A mill and I just want to get the most out of it. Maybe even run it at TROG some day and be a lil competitive?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Third DodgeBrother

Third DodgeBrother

I too have the front half of a T Touring, though mine is more like the front two quarters! Lately I've been thinking about extending the body about a foot behind the door. Could be the first 27 Ford extended cab RPU. Frame will be 3 x 1 1/2" tube, may be extended out and back as a mini stake bed. My seatback is pretty far gone, so I may try for a more rounded version like the A or 32.

Felipe Toltecatl likes this.
  3. That's cool. I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing that build. Be sure to post a build thread on here!

4. I found a pic of that accessory T pick up bed. I would make mine a good foot and a half shorter. FB_IMG_1485902783437-1.jpg

5. Let me make you a single seater...

Attached Files:

6. That is AWESOME!!!!!

7. IMG_0014.PNG Your half way there! Let the lady ride the tank if need be!

madfish, D-Russ and Felipe Toltecatl like this.
  8. Wow nice craftsmanship!

9. 20170228_181755.jpg Test fitting my seat. It's from a school bus. I took the cushions off the frame and just have the upholstery on loosely. Pretty good fit. And free! Ok I guess I should finish the floor now.

brEad, kidcampbell71 and Uptown83 like this.
  10. Uptown83

Uptown83

11. madfish

madfish

Let me make a plug here for 2talltobeahotrodder. I shot a documentary on TROG and featured his little speedster and I will tell you it was beautifully crafted and extreme attention to detail. You can't go wrong with this man building you a car.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  12. Wow bud thank you for the kind words!!

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Nice thread. I would love to build the same car with a Pontiac straight 8.

14. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

where could I find the documentary for trog ?

15. Those boat tail hood jobs always looked funky to me. I'm pretty set on a small pick up bed at this point.

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Digging this. Makes my itch to start my touring car really bad!

17. So I have come to the conclusion the body looks too wide on that lil T frame. I'm contemplating narrowing the body 6" to get the look I'm after. Unless one of yall have a pre-26 body you'd want to swap me for? Decisions decisions.

18. 20170418_195735.jpg I couldn't stand the way the body looked on the skinny little T frame so I have decided to swap everything out onto an A frame and save the T frame for a future speedster project. One of Nick Arias' old roadster/cut down tourings is serving as my inspiration. The end results will be more than worth it. Just a minor time set back. I wasted no time prepping the new bones last night.

19. Hmmm, you don't like the T frame now but you will latter?

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  20. Just not with this particular body. 1926/27's look much better on wider Model A frames. Just my personal preference. The T frame would look great with a little speedster boat tail type body. A project for down the line. Getting the right look is very important to me.

dana barlow likes this.
  21. Primed and painted. 20170423_171233.jpg 20170423_171246.jpg

Jet96, brEad, Tim_with_a_T and 5 others like this.
  22. Nice job, still looks wet. Right on.
    The Wizzard

23. K.C. Clem

K.C. Clem

Awesome build. I think it looks great. I really liked the glass doorknob shifter. That's a cool touch.
    K.C.

24. Thanks KC!

25. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Really like what your building! And the look is where its at and if it bugs ya you got to make it fit your vision.
    Great job!! Keep the progress coming.

26. So I started refurbishing the front spring only to fine the spring perches are completely shot. My Snyders grocery list is growing a lil more every weekend. Gotta do it right though. 20170429_153923.jpg 20170429_153957.jpg

Texas36 likes this.
  27. While I'm waiting on more parts I might as well get this rear end cleaned up and painted today. 20170506_141334.jpg 20170506_141343.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

29. 20170507_151044-1.jpg I've been wrestling the firewall off all afternoon but in the end I won. That New Mexico sun is brutal! I'm officially wiped out for the day.