Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Net Flix Paul Newman movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruel, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Cruel

Cruel
    from Seattle

I watched Cool Hand Luke on Net Flix yesterday. Today I searched Net Flix for other Paul Newman movies and found this...Once Upon a Wheel. A 1971 racing "documentary". Some of its a bit cheesy, but well worth watching if you would like to see some vintage race action. Its only an hour long, good way to pass away your lunch hour.

I did a search and it looks like the last time this was posted was five years ago. Now that its available to watch instantly on Net Flix I figured it was OK to make another post on it.

Edit: Just wanted to say the movie was made in 71 but most of the footage is earlier racing.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. The Can-Am car Newman rolls up in at the beginning of that doc is made entirely of Titanium! The one I used to work on (my avatar) appears about 5 min from the end, IIRC. You're right, cheesy, but a good look back. Even better IMO is "The Racing Game" with James Garner. He's actually in it, and funny as hell sometimes. Enjoy.